Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Re: New category and sections

Absolutely right Azz - sometimes its best to get the experience from members ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Agree with Mags

Also, Google is not always right, and often you have to trawl through pages of results to find an answer. Plus of course sometimes we'd rather get an answer from people we know and trust
I was being a tad sarcastic with my previous post because of course I personally would rather ask members information than Google sometimes. I mean isn't that partly why a forum is a forum?

If we just constantly look up items on the internet which was what was suggested to me more than once, what's the use of talking to anyone? Kind of peeved me off.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Absabloominglutely !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I was being a tad sarcastic with my previous post because of course I personally would rather ask members information than Google sometimes. I mean isn't that partly why a forum is a forum?

If we just constantly look up items on the internet which was what was suggested to me more than once, what's the use of talking to anyone? Kind of peeved me off.
it's said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, better to just state your case rather than go with the flow, that's what I would do
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Don't like sarcasm either - I wish people on here would get to 'know' people on here. Anyway, I agree I'd rather ask here than google ....
In fact - I did a thread about that meself
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 07:00 PM

we have to agree to disagree at times and that's fine, we can't all have the same opinion but sarcastic comments are not necessary and imo, rude
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-05-2014, 07:02 PM

True ......
You've made your comment gal and that's fine too ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
it's said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, better to just state your case rather than go with the flow, that's what I would do
I've noticed sarcasm on here by members that are accepted as funny & cheeky by others, but, by little ole me (oops, there I go again), suddenly I'm rude & have the lowest form of wit??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I've noticed sarcasm on here by members that are accepted as funny & cheeky by others, but, by little ole me (oops, there I go again), suddenly I'm rude & have the lowest form of wit??
To be fair gal - you said you were peeved by it
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-05-2014, 07:42 PM

I said I was peeved by being told 'on here' by certain people "why don't you look it up on Google?" That was after the Questions Category was formed.

Gee, you go & ask a question on there like was supposed to be used for that reason & get told by 2 or 3 people to go elsewhere.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top