Join for free
Page 21 of 255 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Oh Mariana, you don't know how ill I felt yesterday, but this morning i'm up and dressed at 6am and rearing to go, I feel good this morning and my sugar levels are fine as well.

So today its One Chicken breast between us and Salad.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 10:20 AM

Hi Susie--glad to hear that you are back to normal--just a tempoary blip !! I had such a bad night last night, and i am expecting my craft group this afternoon--so I intend to have an hours sleep when Ive tidied up etc,
When I'm tired, i feel sick, and want to eat more---jusat started wth my usual of ryvita, cottage cheese and pineapple-not sure for rest of day yet.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 10:36 AM

Dear me this topic is making me sad, all this grass eating and air nibbling seem so wrong on every level. Who ate all the pies...........ME.

Cmon now tell us what you really want to eat.

I know im off to the naughty step.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 10:48 AM

@ Nom...there's no need to starve when on a healthy diet..
Breakfast..bacon,eggs,mushrooms
Lunch..tuna & salad,pro bi' yogurt/blueberries,
Dinner..Scottish smoked mackerel Fillets,tomatoes,sweetcorn,

Nae bread,and def' nae pies
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Oh im partial to Smoked Mackerel, touble is i like bread though and that is something i should not eat.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I must try them--I have a tin of salmon---its very rare that i buy tinned food--but just thought it would make a change.

so do you fry the patties before you eat them ??/
Yep, I fry them. But usually in a pan sprayed with the non-fat cooking spray. Sometimes I use oil, but very little of it.

However, if I'm feeling particularly bad that day, I'll make them the 'old fashioned' way, like my son's grandma makes them... she dips the patties in flour and fries them in a good amount of oil. Adds more fat and calories, but they're oh so good because coating them with flour and then frying them in the oil gives the patties a nice, crunchy-brown coating. Although mine and the way I make them still taste good, they're rather boring compared to grandma's

Gotta love good old fashioned home cooking.

If tinned salmon is too expensive, you can also use tinned mackerel. The salmon I buy is kind of pricey because I buy it already skinned and boned.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dear me this topic is making me sad, all this grass eating and air nibbling seem so wrong on every level. Who ate all the pies...........ME.

Cmon now tell us what you really want to eat.

I know im off to the naughty step.
I still eat the things I love (well, I love lots of foods, but I mean those 'sinful' favorites) it's just I eat them in moderation now instead of regularly. I got careless with my eating and the scale showed it. In fact I stayed off the scale for a couple of years (or more) because I didn't want to know how much I weighed. And when I would be weighed at the doc's office, I'd look away, I didn't want to see the numbers. But one day, whilst reading one of my health reports, I saw the numbers and it hit me like a brick.

I couldn't believe I was inching closer and closer to where I was about 10 years ago when I changed my eating habits and went from 16 stone to 10 stone. It took me 2 years to do it, but I did it. I held that weight for several years. Then my late 40's came along and I started caring less and less about what I looked like. I stopped going out to socialize, got careless with what and how much I was eating and it started coming back on again. And especially when I hit 50, that's when my body literally started falling apart. Menopause was setting in, my blood pressure went up, my cholesterol went up, my joints started aching and bursitis set into my hips and it was hard for me to move around and I cared less and less about how much weight I was gaining.

But now I realize, especially for health reasons, I've got to get some of this back off. I know I'll probably never see 10 stone again and I don't really plan to get down that low. I'd just like to lose enough to get out of the 'obese' category. I'm currently 14 stone and that's way too much.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 12:34 PM

I only have salad occasionally in the summer, otherwise it's Chicken and vegetables.

I have been good so far today, all I have had is one single pear, until I have my salad.
Linda0818
USA

16-05-2016, 12:57 PM

I have salad occasionally, but I'm not as crazy about it as I used to be. Probably because I ate so much salad when I was originally trying to lose weight that I burned myself out on them. Now, every time I try and eat salad, I can never finish the whole thing. Regardless of what I put on it, it gets real boring real fast.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

16-05-2016, 02:37 PM

I hate lettuce.

What do you all put on your plate when you have a salad?

I usually have mixed lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, couslaw, Moroccan cous cous, grated carrots, and either chicken or tin salmon.

Page 21 of 255 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top