Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Working Men's Clubs

Has anyone ever had a dedicated seat in a Workings Men's Club or similar?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 10:05 PM

Re: Working Men's Clubs

Hi Paul not sure what a dedicated seat is , I haven't ever been in a working mens club.

Is it a seat you have the use of every week for a small sum ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Paul not sure what a dedicated seat is , I haven't ever been in a working mens club.

Is it a seat you have the use of every week for a small sum ?
Probably a good thing you have never ventured Meg, we would be here all night if I had to explain the dynamics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Probably a good thing you have never ventured Meg, we would be here all night if I had to explain the dynamics.
I do know what a WMC is Paul they used to serve cheap beer and provide entertainment.
I have never been a working man so they were not something I was ever interested in
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-06-2013, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I do know what a WMC is Paul they used to serve cheap beer and provide entertainment.
I have never been a working man so they were not something I was ever interested in
You may be surprised that the font of much knowledge was contained within such establishments.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2013, 10:24 PM

You may be surprised that the font of much knowledge was contained within such establishments.
I know it is where some famous acts cut their teeth Paul
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-06-2013, 10:34 PM

I once typed a protracted thread on another forum (I think) about the fact that I was once asked to vacate the seat of a WMC member who was actually in hospital, speaks mountains.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-06-2013, 10:57 PM

I once typed a protracted thread on another forum (I think) about the fact that I was once asked to vacate the seat of a WMC member who was actually in hospital, speaks mountains.
I have been in places like like that, sit on 'someones' seat , everyone stops talking and you can hear a pin drop ...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2013, 04:55 AM

I have my dedicated seat in my own house Spitfire, does that count ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2013, 05:40 AM

Well, I belong to Dapto Leagues Club and Wests Illawarra. They are both fairly full of working men and women, pensioners, superannuants and itinerant traders from 9am until 3am.

Used to belong to Shellharbour Workers Club and The Steelers. However I gave up my membership of the latter two when I realised the only time I ever went was to pay my membership and as they are both over 5km from my house I can sign myself in anyway.

I don't have a dedicated seat at any of them but they serve good quality, cheap meals, free entertainment and cheap beer so what more can you want? Mind you if you ate there all the time you would be the size of a house, actually, come to think of it, most of the members are the size of a house.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top