Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Loser, loser, loser.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Daibach ->
Well at least now we know who has the most power and influence in this place we call home... The owners of dumbed down tabloid newspapers!

The intelligence of over half of the British public who could be bothered to vote is apparently lower than I could ever have imagined.

All I'm waiting for now are the announcements that Nissan, Vauxhall, Ford, Mini etc are moving production to somewhere else in Europe to avoid probable import duties /tarrifs.

Oh and has anyone given any thought about our soon to be invalid EU passports and EU driving licences?

Time to move to Scotland before they decide to quit the UK!
I voted out, why do you feel that you have the right to insult me?
Not to mention over 17 million other voters.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:01 AM

It's a terrific result.

I stayed up thru the night, it was a real nail biter.

Well done Britain!!!

A big 2 fingers up to the crony capitalist city boys who all tried to continue to feather their nests with remain votes, your day of judgement is coming.

Pretty much all of Scotland voted to stay, and pretty much all the London and City Boy areas voted to stay. They failed.

Truth and justice will prevail. The cronies will be ousted and replaced and there will be enquiries into who did what backhander deals with the EU. A lot of very dirty laundry will come out of the closets imo.

The turbulence caused by the result may create some good opportunities to buy cheap shares in some stocks but be careful not to catch a falling knife.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:05 AM

Hi

We are a Democracy, we have made a decision and we should all work together to make that decision work as seamlessly and quickly as possible.

We need to stop arguing amongst ourselves and get on with the job in hand.

I voted out because the EU is not Democratic, not for any pie in the sky so called financial benefits.

The £ has taken a hammering, so has the Stock Market, the sooner we get back to normal the better and the sooner we can start building new trade deals.

I am just astounded by how little planning the Government has done for Brexit, we should have been much better prepared.

I do not want any more austerity as a result of this.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's a terrific result.

I stayed up thru the night, it was a real nail biter.

Well done Britain!!!

A big 2 fingers up to the crony capitalist city boys who all tried to continue to feather their nests with remain votes, your day of judgement is coming.

Pretty much all of Scotland voted to stay, and pretty much all the London and City Boy areas voted to stay. They failed.

Truth and justice will prevail. The cronies will be ousted and replaced and there will be enquiries into who did what backhander deals with the EU. A lot of very dirty laundry will come out of the closets imo.

The turbulence caused by the result may create some good opportunities to buy cheap shares in some stocks but be careful not to catch a falling knife.
Kinda blew apart your 'fixed result' theory didn't it ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Daibach ->
Well at least now we know who has the most power and influence in this place we call home... The owners of dumbed down tabloid newspapers!

The intelligence of over half of the British public who could be bothered to vote is apparently lower than I could ever have imagined.

All I'm waiting for now are the announcements that Nissan, Vauxhall, Ford, Mini etc are moving production to somewhere else in Europe to avoid probable import duties /tarrifs.

Oh and has anyone given any thought about our soon to be invalid EU passports and EU driving licences?

Time to move to Scotland before they decide to quit the UK!
Sorry you feel that way Dafydd why not give the new order a chance before you make any judgments.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:25 AM

It strange how despite the advice of Jeremy Corbyn to support the Remain campaign a great many Labour voters to vote leave. It is wrong to see this as a defeat for The PM who is a decent man and has done the honourable thing. He wasn't alone on the remain side. It was a defeat (if you can call it that) for the proposal to remain in the EU, which was the policy of Labour and the Lib/Dems also.

In fact it was the areas of rock solid Labour support, mostly working class areas of the midlands and the north which brought about this victory for the Leave campaign.
For once people were able to vote for something that mattered to them and was above party politics.

Personally I think it won't be long before we receive revised offers from Brussels as an attempt to forestall a clamour for referendums by other member states and a damage limitation plan swings into action.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Is that the rest of the world who buy BBC programmes as they are better than theirs ?
What has that got to do with it? Other countries fund their public broadcasters out of general revenue, You pay a tax to watch ITV.

And you could argue the world watches the BBC programs because they are cheap to buy (like that appalling Antiques Roadshow that they inflict on us everyday).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What has that got to do with it? Other countries fund their public broadcasters out of general revenue, You pay a tax to watch ITV.

And you could argue the world watches the BBC programs because they are cheap to buy (like that appalling Antiques Roadshow that they inflict on us everyday).
It means we may pay for our TV viewing but it makes damn good programmes, commercially made TV can't touch it for quality. Antiques road show ? Well it's ok not the best but certainly not the worst I've seen from some of our imports and home too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It strange how despite the advice of Jeremy Corbyn to support the Remain campaign a great many Labour voters to vote leave. It is wrong to see this as a defeat for The PM who is a decent man and has done the honourable thing. He wasn't alone on the remain side. It was a defeat (if you can call it that) for the proposal to remain in the EU, which was the policy of Labour and the Lib/Dems also.

In fact it was the areas of rock solid Labour support, mostly working class areas of the midlands and the north which brought about this victory for the Leave campaign.
For once people were able to vote for something that mattered to them and was above party politics.

Personally I think it won't be long before we receive revised offers from Brussels as an attempt to forestall a clamour for referendums by other member states and a damage limitation plan swings into action.
It never was a left versus right question though so why would all labour members vote one way ? I liked Corbyn stayed quiet and let everyone have a free vote.

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top