Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 04:20 PM

Do You Mind Getting Text Messages From Your Surgery Re. Your Health Questionnaires?

I don’t know if l have overreacted or l am just being pernickity.
Last Wednesday, l had to attend the surgery for the nurse to give me my vitamin B12 injection.

As l left the surgery and walked back to my car, l received a text message on my mobile phone asking me to fill in a questionnaire re my Asthma and to action the link provided to do this.

I was a bit puzzled really as the nurse usually asks me about my asthma every so often at the time of my B12 Injection.
I thought, l am not filling in the questionnaire via text on my mobile phone, so l just left it.
On Saturday, l got a text reminding me l hadn’t filled in the questionnaire. I took no notice.

Today, l received a third text, telling me it was the last day to fill in the questionnaire. Gosh, this was starting to feel like harassment!

I have now sent the surgery an email, asking why this wasn’t dealt with at the time of my B12 appointment, or could l have filled in forms or spoken to someone from the surgery on the phone.
I also mentioned, l didn’t like the idea of filling in my private and confidential details in a text message to some random .org text message.

Am l being petty and unreasonable? I mean on the day of my appointment, l was the only person seeing the nurse and there was no one waiting in the waiting room or outside the surgery.

I look forward to hearing your comments and you can even tell me l am a petty drama queen. I won’t mind!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 04:57 PM

Re: Do You Mind Getting Text Messages From Your Surgery Re. Your Health Questionnaires?

I don't blame you, I'd not have answered either & probably would have marched straight back into the surgery & said why didn't they ask me when I was there.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:05 PM

Re: Do You Mind Getting Text Messages From Your Surgery Re. Your Health Questionnaires?

I get texts to remind me of appointments but never a questionaire.

I think I too, would have ignored it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t know if l have overreacted or l am just being pernickity.
Last Wednesday, l had to attend the surgery for the nurse to give me my vitamin B12 injection.

As l left the surgery and walked back to my car, l received a text message on my mobile phone asking me to fill in a questionnaire re my Asthma and to action the link provided to do this.

I was a bit puzzled really as the nurse usually asks me about my asthma every so often at the time of my B12 Injection.
I thought, l am not filling in the questionnaire via text on my mobile phone, so l just left it.
On Saturday, l got a text reminding me l hadn’t filled in the questionnaire. I took no notice.

Today, l received a third text, telling me it was the last day to fill in the questionnaire. Gosh, this was starting to feel like harassment!

I have now sent the surgery an email, asking why this wasn’t dealt with at the time of my B12 appointment, or could l have filled in forms or spoken to someone from the surgery on the phone.
I also mentioned, l didn’t like the idea of filling in my private and confidential details in a text message to some random .org text message.

Am l being petty and unreasonable? I mean on the day of my appointment, l was the only person seeing the nurse and there was no one waiting in the waiting room or outside the surgery.

I look forward to hearing your comments and you can even tell me l am a petty drama queen. I won’t mind!!
Could be a phishing message, Art.

Suggest you report it to the NHS phishing sites.

It might be genuine but i would make me nervous if I got one that way!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't blame you, I'd not have answered either & probably would have marched straight back into the surgery & said why didn't they ask me when I was there.
Thank you, Tiffany.

I did try to ring the surgery today but they have added so many options. Most of the options lead you to an automated voice telling you to go online to get your query answered.

I remember not long ago posting on here what a great practice they are but it’s like getting into Fort Knox now!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2020, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I get texts to remind me of appointments but never a questionaire.

I think I too, would have ignored it.
Hi Carol, l am so pleased you’re getting over your big fright from the other day.

I don’t mind them texting me to remind me of imminent appointments but l don’t want to get into texting my private stuff in a text message. Especially, when l don’t know where it’s going or who is receiving it?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Could be a phishing message, Art.

Suggest you report it to the NHS phishing sites.

It might be genuine but i would make me nervous if I got one that way!
Ted, l am glad you feel the same.

l don’t know but it comes through from the same name my appointment reminders are sent from.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ted, l am glad you feel the same.

l don’t know but it comes through from the same name my appointment reminders are sent from.
One way of dealing with it would be to ring 111, where the staff seem to more on the ball, and tell them that you are really stressed because of all that has happened and the fact that we are all warned that there are so many scammers around.

When I had an issue, making use of our patient practices on line, they sorted it pdq, with my surgery.

The Doctors seem all to have hidden themselves away, except for the retired ones who are, apparantly, falling over themselves to rush in to help with vaccine injections!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 06:25 PM

Seems such a daft way of going on, Art, and I don't blame you for not doing it.
What are they playing at!

They all seem to be doing it now though.
Like others have said, I get texts reminding me of appointments, and I have had two or three asking me to 'rate the surgery' too.

I had to see a GP last week and when I got back home they text and asked me to click on a link to view something.
I phoned them and said I couldn't do it, and what was it about. She said it was just a leaflet to read they had, explaining about some treatment, so like you, I thught why on earth didn't the doc just give me the flipin' leaflet while I was there?

I really don't like the way things are now.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 06:46 PM

I get text messages, after seeing a doc, telling me to check my emails. And there is an email asking questions about my "experience". And it comes from oc-meridian.com click on the link and you go to iqvia.com

They're just consultancies employed to ask questions, come up with some stats ...

I just ignore it all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top