Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:42 PM

. . . . shire The Bradshaw Clan in England

I read that one of the threads here is for hobbies.
Ancestor search is a hobby. . .

2 years ago I was doing my ancestor search. Then a lot of things came up and have not been able to get back to it.

My ancestors came from one of the places that ends with SHIRE.

I must get back to it. Though when I was on it, I could not do much of anything else. It is so intriguing. Thinking about them as an individual and what they went through.
What was important to him/her. Favorite color. . . what was an emotional time in their lives. So much to think of.

My first ancestor came here in 1622. Joseph Bradshaw
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Re: . . . . shire The Bradshaw Clan in England

Oh heck lass, you've got a massive search there then, as all of England and Scotland are divided into Shires.

However, the name Bradshaw is quite common in Lancashire, where I'm from. In fact, I seem to recall from childhood my mum mentioning a Nellie Bradshaw, but all her family have died now so I can't ask.

I think you're perhas hoping for too much, wanting to know their favourite colours; and does that matter? It's surely the way they lived, what their occupations were, etc. I do understand your thirst for knowledge.

I wish you every success in your search.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:02 AM

Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
What happened Jimmy?
(and she giggles)
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:18 AM

Sorry, when I first saw this, I thought you meant these Bradshaws

Mlee
CA USA

06-04-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Oh heck lass, you've got a massive search there then, as all of England and Scotland are divided into Shires.

However, the name Bradshaw is quite common in Lancashire, where I'm from. In fact, I seem to recall from childhood my mum mentioning a Nellie Bradshaw, but all her family have died now so I can't ask.

I think you're perhas hoping for too much, wanting to know their favourite colours; and does that matter? It's surely the way they lived, what their occupations were, etc. I do understand your thirst for knowledge.

I wish you every success in your search.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Their favorite colors, what they favorite food was. . . they are important to me.

Like meeting someone during my life, and getting to know them. Their favorite things are important to me.

As to the occupation of my ancestors, 3 of them were reverends. 2 here in USA and 1 in England.

Thank you for your wishes for my success.
I must get my self back into gear and get going on it again.

Mom says, they were Irish and Scottish. That will bring me to history to see how that happened.
I thought that in those days. . . people stayed within their own heritage.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:43 AM

Okay lass well there are no Shires in Ireland, but there are Shires in Scotland, so you should concentrate your search there, but it's still a big search.

However, Bradshaw is definitely not a Scottish name. It is most definitely English.
Mlee
CA USA

06-04-2012, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Okay lass well there are no Shires in Ireland, but there are Shires in Scotland, so you should concentrate your search there, but it's still a big search.

However, Bradshaw is definitely not a Scottish name. It is most definitely English.
Hi Mollie,
I didn't explain myself well.
I mean that they came from one of the places that ends with "shire."
I really should look at my files. But I remember a couple of names.
Chestershire, Lancashire, Cumberland. These names of places came up repeatedly.

All and all, so interesting. Would have loved to have been able to visit my ancestors homeland and perhaps stand where they may have stood.
aahh. . . priceless
Jimmy
Lancashire

06-04-2012, 10:49 AM

There is also Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Berkshire, Staffordshire.
You need to join something like Ancestry to find them on the censuses.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 03:05 PM

There is no Chestershire, it's Cheshire. There's also Buckinghamshire .... well, it'd take too long so here's a map of the shire counties of England. I hope this will help.

http://www.itraveluk.co.uk/maps/england/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top