Join for free
Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Re: Who is God?

I've just invented a religion called "Thingy". My first rule is that if you don't believe in it you will rot in hell. Now send me lots of money so that I can live a life of luxury like the Pope and his entourage.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've just invented a religion called "Thingy". My first rule is that if you don't believe in it you will rot in hell. Now send me lots of money so that I can live a life of luxury like the Pope and his entourage.
Bags I Monsignor!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 06:34 PM

As I have said a few times, I believe in the Almighty.
If when I die I find I am right, I have played my cards right, if I am wrong it wont matter one bit.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
As I have said a few times, I believe in the Almighty.
If when I die I find I am right, I have played my cards right, if I am wrong it wont matter one bit.
Unless there is a Devil and Hell
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
But Steve, I don't believe in the devil and hell!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
There is Steve matey - I'm LUCIFER!!!!
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 10:18 AM

God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.7 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Yawn.............................................. .........................
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 05:32 PM

I hope you covered your mouth then!!!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marcus ->
God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.7 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific
God exists in a bad collection of insubstantial stories and in dimensions of imagination, of which not the slightest shred of evidence exists. Your statements seem derived from a few lines from the book of Genesis. I would be interested how you draw your conclusions of this multidimensional universe you speak of, because last time I looked, I couldn't see the word 'multidimensional' in there. Perhaps I missed it.

The time of the origin of the universe is derived from observational fact - not a book of stories somone made up.

The only possible escape for the atheist is scientific truth, which most religions fear above everything else.

Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top