Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Re: Saturday telly

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We enjoy you waffling on here too, foxy.

What did people do before telly?

I think they used to make lots of babies didn't they?

But I'm too old for that now, so have to watch telly.
You're very kind Mups....I'm glad I found this forum there are some very nice people on here.....

I'm not sure it was just making babies, what about families sitting round a table playing cards, Monopoly or some other board game. Perhaps going down the pub, or night school pursuing a hobby. The artistic would be painting or sculpting, and the dexterous assembling models or repairing broken items. Visiting friends and family.....I'm going to watch Usain Bolt in his last race now and turn off the telly and go looking for meteor showers....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're very kind Mups....I'm glad I found this forum there are some very nice people on here.....

I'm not sure it was just making babies, what about families sitting round a table playing cards, Monopoly or some other board game. Perhaps going down the pub, or night school pursuing a hobby. The artistic would be painting or sculpting, and the dexterous assembling models or repairing broken items. Visiting friends and family.....I'm going to watch Usain Bolt in his last race now and turn off the telly and go looking for meteor showers....

Oooh yes, thanks for reminding me.

Just popped outside, but it is quite cloudy at the mo, can't see a single star yet.
Will keep checking though.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:31 PM

don't they ever make any proper gentle, tear-jerking romances any more, with a proper story?
Short answer is NO the way the world is in 2017 means no one cares anymore.

When I'm scanning the TV times these days I first check when a film was made. Anything latter than around 1980 and I don't even bother to read the summary it's bound to be rubbish
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azure
Can't wait for some interesting Scandi Dramas where the acting is very real.
I'm surprised you're not following I Know Who You Are, in that case, not Scandi but just as good, Spanish.
Mind you it's so complicated I haven't a clue!
Last episodes are tonight.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:54 PM

Saturday night TV is the pits. I never watch any broadcast programmes. It is always either a DVD (Anazon) or Netflix. Tonight it was a DVD, two glasses or red and Belgian chocolates courtesy of my son-in-law.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm surprised you're not following I Know Who You Are, in that case, not Scandi but just as good, Spanish.
Mind you it's so complicated I haven't a clue!
Last episodes are tonight.
Thanks ruthio,

I will watch it tonight for the first time, then on Catch Up

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:03 PM

I'm watching "Groundhog Day", I've seen it several times but I could watch it over snd over and over.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Saturday night TV is the pits. I never watch any broadcast programmes. It is always either a DVD (Anazon) or Netflix. Tonight it was a DVD, two glasses or red and Belgian chocolates courtesy of my son-in-law.
To be honest, TV on most days is shite. Too many quiz/cookery shows, facile programmes about pets doing the `silliest things` programmes repeated every two days. So-called `celebrities` in pointless reality TV shows catering for the Jeremy Kyle lowest common denominator type of viewer and endless soaps all following the same storylines. What a load of crap.

A fairly decent film on tonight though - Riddick.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Now do calm down Judd, it's not good for your BP.

As an alternative to Alice in Wonderland, you could have had 2 & half hours of Elvis Presley!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Oooh yes, thanks for reminding me.

Just popped outside, but it is quite cloudy at the mo, can't see a single star yet.
Will keep checking though.

Here I am.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top