Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:08 PM

Re: Saturday telly

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now do calm down Judd, it's not good for your BP.

As an alternative to Alice in Wonderland, you could have had 2 & half hours of Elvis Presley!
Not really, I might have ended up putting my boot through the TV screen.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Here I am.

Bug off, Judsy.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Not really, I might have ended up putting my boot through the TV screen.

Yes, I must admit it's been pretty grim tonight.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:09 PM

To be honest, TV on most days is shite. Too many quiz/cookery shows, facile programmes about pets doing the `silliest things` programmes repeated every two days. So-called `celebrities` in pointless reality TV shows catering for the Jeremy Kyle lowest common denominator type of viewer and endless soaps all following the same storylines. What a load of crap.

A fairly decent film on tonight though - Riddick.
I agree Judd!
Jeremy Vile and Big Brother being the worst...I swear you can feel your brain shrinking if you catch a minute of them

But I'm a sucker for strong dramas...The Man in The Orange Shirt was a cracking drama, Trust Me is looking good...right now I Know Who You Are is ending (mind you I haven't a clue!!!)

Oooooo I like a bit of Elvis
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree Judd!
Jeremy Vile and Big Brother being the worst...I swear you can feel your brain shrinking if you catch a minute of them :-D

But I'm a sucker for strong dramas...The Man in The Orange Shirt was a cracking drama, Trust Me is looking good...right now I Know Who You Are is ending (mind you I haven't a clue!!!)

I won't watch either of those ruthio.
I especially can't stand Jeremy Kyle.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:15 PM

A Roku or even an Amazon Firestick would plug into your tv, you register with the appropriate company (Netflix or Amazon) to gain access to more tv/films. I stick with Sky cos it's all the same really. Netflix was about £6-7/m, but that was a few years ago when I helped my friend set it up.

I just looked out my windows but it's cloudy here. Damned if I'm gonna throw on me dressing gown and slippers to go outside to look, early in the morning! I might meet somebody strange in our car park!!

Have to confess I am such a telly addict, it gets switched on as soon as I get up in the morning. Probably why I waste so much of the early part of the day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 10:24 PM

Got Cabin Fever on for a few minutes. Sheesh...the dire script and lousy acting!! Horror films? They don't make em like they used to!!

Edited. Turned it off. What shite.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 11:08 PM

Oh Gawd. . . . now it's James Bond AGAIN.

How many re-runs of this can we be expected to watch!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 11:30 PM

We only watch casualty on Saturday night and that wasn't on due to athletics so we resorted to watching stuff we'd recorded earlier in the week.

I wonder what's on tomorrow to replace Poldark? I am really going to miss that on a Sunday night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We only watch casualty on Saturday night and that wasn't on due to athletics so we resorted to watching stuff we'd recorded earlier in the week.

I wonder what's on tomorrow to replace Poldark? I am really going to miss that on a Sunday night.

Just had a look Carol, and on BBC it's athletics again instead of Poldark, and on ITV it is . . . . . . . wait for it . . . .
flippin' Harry Potter AGAIN!!!

Unbelievable.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top