Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: Car Insurance Increase.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Interesting as the Insurers pointed out that we have a "No Claims" bonus NOT a "No Blames" Bonus!

Sadly, it may cost the other guy a few quid in the long term.

Also, his car is on an 05 plate. That might be getting on a bit for insurance purposes.
i.e. maybe they'll just scrap it!
Having a No Claims bonus isn't proof of not claiming.

Insurance is a contract and like every contract is based on honesty and Trust .....answer dishonestly and you breach the contract.

an example of this is, for example, your fence blown down....you ring the insurance to see if you're covered...you find out your not so end the call.

This is just as damaging when you come to renew as it is logged as a none loss claim...or something similar. Why? Because you would have claimed if you'd been covered.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Having a No Claims bonus isn't proof of not claiming.

Insurance is a contract and like every contract is based on honesty and Trust .....answer dishonestly and you breach the contract.

an example of this is, for example, your fence blown down....you ring the insurance to see if you're covered...you find out your not so end the call.

This is just as damaging when you come to renew as it is logged as a none loss claim...or something similar. Why? Because you would have claimed if you'd been covered.
True. Last year a tree blew down in our garden. Not a big one, but its upper branches landed on our gutter.

Thinking we might claim for any damage (slight), being a fine upstanding citizen I rang the insurance company and told them, but added that we might not make a claim as the cost of repairs might be less than the loss of our no claims discount. They agreed, and left it on record but not as a claim.

Some weeks later, we decided that it wasn't worth claiming and I telephoned them again. We still have our full no claims discount.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 11:14 PM

I don't know all the details because I only caught part of the report on the car radio yesterday, but 'Moneybox' was talking about car insurance increases, and they were saying if a married couple break up, the insurance automatically goes up around 30% for the individual ! Not sure if this was just for the woman (wouldn't be surprised), or if it meant both parties.

The chap said not all companies are doing this, but out of the 41 they tested, 37 of them did this.

Why? Another flippin' con.

You should find what I'm on about here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qjnv
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know all the details because I only caught part of the report on the car radio yesterday, but 'Moneybox' was talking about car insurance increases, and they were saying if a married couple break up, the insurance automatically goes up around 30% for the individual ! Not sure if this was just for the woman (wouldn't be surprised), or if it meant both parties.

The chap said not all companies are doing this, but out of the 41 they tested, 37 of them did this.

Why? Another flippin' con.

You should find what I'm on about here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qjnv
So it should.....just another crazy woman trying to kill people that look like her ex.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 12:02 AM

Recently, I moved my car insurance to Saga and saved £150. Earlier this year I moved my household maintenance agreement to Saga and saved a similar amount.

Obviously, I won't be able to repeat those savings every year but this year I'm £300 better off (for the moment).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Makes me mad that we have to check every year for better deals on everything. There is no incentive for loyalty to stay with companies they just increase your premium every year hoping you can't be bothered hunting around for a better deal
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2017, 09:02 AM

C'mon peeps....let's have a bit of perspective here.....most of you pay less than £1 per day to cover your car against theft, accidental damage otr, god forbid, serious injury to others....it's not much more than a couple of good meals out for the family.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 03:44 PM

I live on a tight budget so when I insured my car last year I had to search around and had to settle for third party fire and theft.
I had my renewal notice which was over £100 more so had to search around again. By going to another insurer I've now got fully comp with all the whistles and bells for less than I paid last year.
After doing my searches I feel that insurance companies will offer low prices to attract new customers but inflate the prices the following year and hope you don't notice. I fully expect next year to have to go through this all over again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 08:24 PM

You're right, of course, but I have been fortunate to find our premiums have remained pretty much the same for the last few years. In fact, this year's was a few pounds less than last year's.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2017, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I live on a tight budget so when I insured my car last year I had to search around and had to settle for third party fire and theft.
I had my renewal notice which was over £100 more so had to search around again. By going to another insurer I've now got fully comp with all the whistles and bells for less than I paid last year.
After doing my searches I feel that insurance companies will offer low prices to attract new customers but inflate the prices the following year and hope you don't notice. I fully expect next year to have to go through this all over again.
90% of insurance companies charge more for TPF&T...they don't want you to buy it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top