Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:37 PM

Egg Cups

I boiled an egg for my tea, but couldnt find the egg cups any where ,looked in cupboards /drawers etc. so improvised with bottom of a salt shaker.A few days later I bought 2 for a £1 in the £1 store,next day what did my son find ? 6 egg cups in the cupboard
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:19 PM

Re: Egg Cups

I could do with a bit of a shopping expedition to Ikea as ive only got 1 knife fork and spoon at the moment plus 1 plate and 1 bowl. Ive been using those packs of plastic cutlery from Sainsburys for the past couple of weeks but now I know I'm not moving its worth me buying a few more bits of crockery and cutlery. I dont need much as Im not exactly going to be throwing dinner parties. Egg cups are a must though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:16 AM

We have some egg cups, but I can't remember when one was last used, we don't eat boiled eggs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:47 AM

I love soft boiled eggs, so l have lots of egg cups. If l couldn’t find one. I would use a small sherry glass instead!

When my children were young, we had plastic egg cups that stuck to the plate by suction method. It prevented the egg cup and egg from slipping off the plate!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:21 AM

All my nice china egg cups have broken they seem to fling themselves out of the cupboard with no help from me.
I bought some plastic ones in desperation but they don't 'feel' the same.
Now I boil an egg so it is soft in the middle,shell it and break it open on a homemade wholemeal bread roll. Delicious
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:05 AM

Remember serviette rings?
Any still lurking in the drawer make excellent egg cups!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:12 AM

I've just sold a box of six brand new egg cups on the Car Boot last Sunday for £2, they were too many for us, as Hubby had bought some a while back with a toaster rack so these were surplus..
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:30 AM

When we were little back in the 60’s we used to be bought the most ornate China egg cups at Easter with a wee chocolate egg in them. They were so pretty and thinking about it now a lovely wee Easter gift.

Unfortunately they have disappeared over time and there’s no survivors. But I still remember them. You can buy modern ones but they are nothing those childhood ones
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:58 AM

You could also slum it and use the cardboard egg box as an egg cup!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You could also slum it and use the cardboard egg box as an egg cup!

I did that at Uni once
And all the yolk dripped and made the cardboard soggy when I stuffed my soldiers' heads in the egg

Out of ermmm...inventiveness(?)...I've used a wide topped shots glass before now too !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top