Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Re: Prince Harry

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
I went to the best schools but I wasnt that bright.
I was in the Army for a short while.
Other than that Ive never had a proper job.
I dont need to work and I dont need a mortgage.
I have no financial worries.
I am soon to be married to a mixed race divorcee which is a first for my family.
My fiancee and I pretend to be concerned about poor people, the unemployed and the homeless. In fact my fiancee was photgraphed carrying a bag with “make poverty history”.
If we REALLY cared we would give all the money we are spending on a massive wedding to the poor.
The End
Total bollocks of course. He did 10 years in the Army
He served two tours in Afghanistan his second as an Apache attack helicopter pilot
But that wasn’t a real job was it?

He launched the Invictus Games a Paralympic-style sporting event for injured servicemen and women

If you are going to post bollocks the very least you can do is research your subject..if it looks like bollocks, sounds like bollocks and reads like bollocks then almost certainly it’s a crock of pretentious shit.

Apart from that I am a Republican
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Total bollocks of course. He did 10 years in the Army He served two tours in Afghanistan his second as an Apache attack helicopter pilot

He launched the Invictus Games a Paralympic-style sporting event for injured servicemen and women

If you are going to post bollocks the very least you can do is research your subject..if it looks like bollocks, sounds like bollocks and reads like bollocks then almost certainly it’s a crock of pretentious shit.

But one supposes he had more bodyguards than Bin Laden?
Wasn't there a raid on the camp he was at once .. and as many ran to protect Harry as ran to repel the attackers.

Ignore me .. I just can't see any royal been totally in the firing line as any ordinary soldier would be.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I wont buy it.Why do some people dislike the royals so much,?William& kate ,Harry & Meghan are just like any other couples,to be allowed to enjoy a family life quietly , but everything they do is scrutinised /criticised. I did see a programme on tele the other night about Harry,He may have a priveleged life b,ut it has not been easy for him,he has had his share of sadness.He lost his Mother ,who he adored, at an early age,he was forced to give up the army,which he really enjoyed,his earlier girl friend broke from him because she couldnt stand the publicity. Everything he does is scrutinised,he has no privacy,There are several Millionaires who have just as much a priveleged life ,but hey are not as much criticisied.Why just the royals,they do a lot for the country
Can't have it both ways Deylon .
Live a royal life and have your life scrutinised or live out of the limelight ( and no royal paypacket ) it's their choice they are very rich they don't need the money so they must like being royal.
They saw what happened to Great Uncle Edward when he abdicated -what a boring useless life he had after that .
I doubt if Harry was forced to give up the army although it does seem served only a short time and young men often have many girlfriends before they marry .
Perhaps he will be a force for the good with his young women.
I doubt if they will worry if the plebs like them or not !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:32 AM

He served two tours in Afghanistan his second as an Apache attack helicopter pilot

That's more like the truth Rehab. Thank you.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:44 AM

I loved the use of my favourite swear word

Good post
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:01 AM

To be fair let's remember that Harry didn't choose who to be born in such privilidge, and although I haven't always agreed with his choices (particularly his choice of bride ) I do think he's tried to make the best of the choices available to him to live some sort of worthwhile life.

Regarding the O.P., anyone can write a biography about anyone just to make a quick buck out of celebrity, but I can't imagine that I'll be adding much to their coffers....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:03 AM

I bet all those who appear to be jealous of the Royals would think very differently if they were actually in their shoes. The media watches their every move, they have very little privacy, if any.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I bet all those who appear to be jealous of the Royals would think very differently if they were actually in their shoes. The media watches their every move, they have very little privacy, if any.
Jealous of the royals? omg. I'm not keen on the royal family except I like the queen but I'm certainly not jealous. I wouldn't want to be in the royal family is you paid me millions, no way jose, saying that, I wouldn't want to be any famous person or have a famous person, like you say, no privacy and I hate my privacy being invaded. Obviously the money would be nice, but I'll take my life thanks.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I loved the use of my favourite swear word

Good post
it does say it all doesn’t it? Short, sharp, concise and descriptive.
I am not a great fan of Royalty, I have met most of them the only difference between them and those of ‘low birth’ is the smell.
I responded to the attack on Harry because he is ex military, and he did his bit.
I am still a Republican
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Would you rather have a Donald Trump or a Vladimir Putin as head of the country than the royal family ?.A few rotten eggs there ,protected by Mama,but most carry out their duties and dont flaunt their wealth /priveleges.It is well known that the young royalshave no wish to rule the country,yes they could walk away and still live a priveleged life but they follow the Queens example of duty to her country & citizens,she is gradually easing them into public life,taking over from her

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top