Join for free
Page 52 of 52 « First < 2 42 50 51 52
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I am reading on my Kindle, 'Only Child' by Rhiannon Navin. It is about a school shooting in the US told by a small boy. It is a different sort of book to one I have come across before, but I am finding it a good read.
Ffosse
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:10 AM

I'm reading The Last Days Of The Romanovs - Tragedy at Ekaterinburg by Helen Rappaport.

Quite chilling but an excellent account of the Tsar and his last days. I do like my history.
Ffosse
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am reading on my Kindle, 'Only Child' by Rhiannon Navin. It is about a school shooting in the US told by a small boy. It is a different sort of book to one I have come across before, but I am finding it a good read.
I may look that one up - you read a lot, don't you Tarantula?
Ffosse
Edinburgh

18-05-2018, 09:45 PM

A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man by James Joyce.

Must be 25 years since I first read this.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Do you mean The Perfect Girlfriend Carol by Karen Hamilton? its in the best sellers list and has had brilliant reviews.. I read it and to be honest I thought it started off very promising too but for me it all got a bit far fetched and I hated the ending.

Don't let my review put you off though because a pal of mine who writes herself thought it was brilliant... If its the same book I would be interested to know what you thought of it
No I've never read that one.

Mine is called 'The Girlfriend' by Michelle Francis. It's her debut novel.

I've finished it now and it was brilliant from beginning to end.
I can highly recommend it if you want a psychological thriller that you can't put down.
summer
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No I've never read that one.

Mine is called 'The Girlfriend' by Michelle Francis. It's her debut novel.

I've finished it now and it was brilliant from beginning to end.
I can highly recommend it if you want a psychological thriller that you can't put down.
Thanks I will look out for that one
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:15 AM

I've just re-read The Hand of Mary Constable by Paul Gallico. It's been many years since the first read and it's still a good read and quite intriguing.
Page 52 of 52 « First < 2 42 50 51 52

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top