Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:12 PM

Re: I do love a good thunderstorm

Big blobs of rain now ... so came back in. It's still dead warm out there though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww Sweetie
Shall I make you a hot drink or summat stronger perhaps?
I'm ok, it was last night. It is SO hot this evening.
I think my Nan was scared as it reminded her of the blitz in London, she used to hide in the understair cupboard.
Funny how fear can be passed on Rhian.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:15 PM

I don't like thunder and lightening and you will NEVER seem me go outside if there is one, if I happen to be out when they come I won't be for long, I hate the very loud thunder and I always think the lightening is out to get me and gonna strike me LOL. I don't even like driving through them, especially if there are trees nearby! I remember one year we were on holiday on a caravan site in Spain and a storm hit upon us, we were supposed to be going to the clubhouse for a booze up but I flatly refused to leave the caravan until it had passed much to my husbands dismay, I've never seen a storm like the one I saw that year in Spain, wow. By the way we did get to the club eventually
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Tis true , they can be frightening .. especially when right overhead. I can cower a bit meself then.

It's right overhead here now and my prickly skin is driving me wild. Grrr .... Worse than itchy, scratchy pins and needles.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:27 PM

No, i'm scared of them, not so much the thunder but the lightening, Coco is not bothered at all by them, she will sit and watch them, but then again I've got a weird cat who loves watching Firework displays.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I don't mind a thunderstorm if the thunder is in the distance but hate it when it is overhead and so loud I worry that we will have a lightning strike.

I'm exactly the same Mags. I get very nervous when it is too close.
They said on the news there had been 50,000 lightning strikes! That's incredible.

At the moment it has gone very quiet and still. The sky is a heavy dingy grey. It don't 'feel' right at all out there, and I can now hear constant rumbles over to the West of me.

They have forcast these storms on and off for the next couple of days here.

Going to turn my p.c. and telly off if it starts getting closer.

There's a picture here of it hitting the Shard in London last night. :

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:57 PM

Having seen a number of people die in lightning strikes, I have a 'very healthy' respect for thunder storms and avoid them as much as possible.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:59 PM

I think its best to unplug electric appliances just to be safe. I never heard it being knocked out with a sleeping pill in hospital Odly none of the staff or the patient next to me , who said she was awake all night ,mentioned it
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm exactly the same Mags. I get very nervous when it is too close.
They said on the news there had been 50,000 lightning strikes! That's incredible.

At the moment it has gone very quiet and still. The sky is a heavy dingy grey. It don't 'feel' right at all out there, and I can now hear constant rumbles over to the West of me.

They have forcast these storms on and off for the next couple of days here.

Going to turn my p.c. and telly off if it starts getting closer.

There's a picture here of it hitting the Shard in London last night. :

Wow what a photo!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Wow what a photo!
I agree, fab photo, just glad I'm looking at it through my computer screen and not in 'real life'

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top