Join for free
Page 94 of 190 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 11:22 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by May ->
Sincere condolences to Your Wife and Yourself Bob,xx
Thanks May, much appreciated....xxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 09:57 AM

June hasn't started so good for old Foxy, but I suppose it can only get better.
On the day the Father in Law passed away I received a speeding ticket from the North Yorkshire constabulary for driving through Burniston [while driving to the start of last weeks walk] at 38mph when it was in fact a thirty zone. It's the main Scarborough to Whitby road and it's always been a forty zone, until now......I consider it entrapment when some plod sat in a van at the side of the road, which contains very little in the way of hazards and has had the speed limit reduced to a ridiculously slow maximum speed, just lays in wait for some out of town driver to wander into his patch.....My fault for not spotting the van.......Just another sucker!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Oh dear, poor foxy. These things often all come at once.
Here, have one of these . . no in fact, have two.

Hope it helps a wee bit.

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 07:11 PM

It's such quick and easy money for them Foxy. Sorry to hear you got caught, I've warned OH for next time we go up that way. He's been caught out with these vans a couple of times already! Apart from the fine it puts the insurance up!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-06-2017, 11:15 AM

What do you mean 'Where have I been?'.........

Mrs Fox has left me in peace this morning while she goes down to her Dad's flat with 'Little Fox' to continue sorting through all her Dad's clothes. So I'll take this opportunity to catch up....

I had to give the charming Vicky [The Physio] the elbow, there seemed to be a barrier between a young girl physio and an old bloke, I was supposed to be seeing Dan, but he went home sick [not with a bad back I hope] so I ended up with Vicky. I just had the feeling that I knew more than she did. Anyway, I went somewhere else and was seen by Kevin. He went right to the spot [Ouch] and gave it some deep massage. It hurt like hell for the rest of the week but I managed to get round my usual running courses without too much bother.

I can't say running was any easier, and last week my Tuesday and Thursday runs were unfortunately on rainy days and I came home like a drowned rat on both occasions. I felt really tired on both runs and they were more a labour of love than an enjoyable jog through the countryside. I visited Kevin again on Thursday afternoon and he gave me some of the same, although he went a little bit easier this time and I didn't feel too bad afterwards. He reckons that it takes about three sessions to feel the benefit, so he's got one more chance this Thursday.

Yesterday's ten miler was still laboured although it was a nice dry morning I arrived home on my last legs, the time turned out alright though. It still took me the rest of the day to recover.
I think there is something going on with my body that I don't understand....Engines buggered!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Glad to see you're back on the road again OGF
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:28 AM

Foxy, you need to remember that you are getting older, even though you don't want to.

We all find that we can't do things as well as we used to, so maybe you should work out what exercise routines would cause less pain. I know running is now in your blood but would it matter, if you had to reduce your targets. I am sure that most of us are impressed that you still push yourself...... but, if you push too hard, you may find that the running will become something of a past activity!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-06-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Foxy, you need to remember that you are getting older, even though you don't want to.

We all find that we can't do things as well as we used to, so maybe you should work out what exercise routines would cause less pain. I know running is now in your blood but would it matter, if you had to reduce your targets. I am sure that most of us are impressed that you still push yourself...... but, if you push too hard, you may find that the running will become something of a past activity!
Fraid there is no other way Twink, it's running or nothing........
And how do I Know that my decline in performance is not totally down to the ageing process? And is it something I can address?......
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Having a runner in the family I know exactly how you feel Foxy, but it doesn't stop me worrying about her. It's got to the stage where she doesn't tell me when she has a biggy! Same as I tell her, just don't overdo it!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:04 PM

Don't worry about Your age Bob,I had a Friend who went jogging every morning right into His 80s,He and His Wife retired to Spain a few years ago,but I can imagine Him still running along that beach every Morn' and enjoying every minute of it..so I guess..as long as it's still enjoyable..then keep on keeping on

Page 94 of 190 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top