Page 59 of 370 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 > Last »
Project Brenda
United Kingdom
Project Brenda is female 

30-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
They keep you young!
Oh I do hope so....I need all the help I can get with that.
David Schutz
New Member!
Santa Cruz, CA
David Schutz is male 

30-06-2017, 11:01 PM

Hi - sorry, didn't realize that's against the rules. I actually started my site because I saw that poor fitness is the biggest cause of preventable death for people 50 and over. My hope is to get people to my site so they can find articles and information relevant to people 50 and over, and hopefully, persuade 1 or 2 people to make a lifestyle change that will add years to their life.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by David Schutz ->
Hi - sorry, didn't realize that's against the rules. I actually started my site because I saw that poor fitness is the biggest cause of preventable death for people 50 and over. My hope is to get people to my site so they can find articles and information relevant to people 50 and over, and hopefully, persuade 1 or 2 people to make a lifestyle change that will add years to their life.
Hi David, you can plonk a link for your website here

http://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Had a couple of decent runs this week, a six on Tuesday and an eight on Thursday. Managed to shake it up a bit on Tuesday with a couple of 70% intervals, but just took it easy on Thursday and felt I didn't leave my best bits out on the road, this was demonstrated when, armed with a pair of shears I managed to bring an overgrown bush back into shape. It wasn't easy though in the heat....'Such a hero' I heard Mrs Fox say....

A much awaited parcel arrived today containing a Pulse Oximeter (thanks Mark for the heads up) had a play around with it this evening and what an amazing piece of kit, it appears to be very accurate. In just a few seconds it will calculate your average pulse and the percentage of oxygen in the blood. It has already drawn my attention to an irregular heartbeat.

So what are you up to these days Mark? Have you received your Pulse Oximeter Yet? And if so, what do you think to it?....

A Ten miler planned for early in the morning to try and avoid the heat....Nothing too heroic though.....

Should've seen this Holly Bush before I went to work on it....

Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:37 PM

I love your lolly pop tree OGF, I have made two privet balls down the garden (why does that make me giggle) they do look ghostly in certain light.

Anyway, I went for a 30min run this morning in the cooler conditions and that was enough. The sun suddenly popped out from behind the clouds and I thought thats it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I love your lolly pop tree OGF, I have made two privet balls down the garden (why does that make me giggle) they do look ghostly in certain light.

Anyway, I went for a 30min run this morning in the cooler conditions and that was enough. The sun suddenly popped out from behind the clouds and I thought thats it.
Thanks Cedronella, I put some lights on it at Christmas and it looks splendid...

I can certainly relate to that (running in the sun) I decided to try a newish route yesterday morning, for the last few months I've been doing a ten miler (nine and a half really) with about two miles along the canal bank. The grass is getting fairly long now and sometimes wet with early morning dew, so I've found a road section to replace the canal bank, that's if the distance remains the same.

It's quite a busy road normally but early on Sunday mornings traffic is reduced to Car Booters and fishermen. So I plodded off and made it to the other end safely, although warm and sticky, not too many problems under the cloudy sky. Then the sun peeped out from the clouds and my temperature rose considerably, sweat trickled down my forehead and stung my eyes, and my legs were feeling heavy. I did manage to make it home without walking but it turned out to be a very testing run with a gradual reduction of pace towards the end. And the bad news is.....It was only 8.6 miles, not long enough for a Sunday run.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:30 AM

I bet it looks great with fairy lights on it

I hate running in the hot sun. I always wear sun glasses and put a paper hankie down my bra.......ewww it soaks up the sweat.

It was cooler today, so I decided to go running for about 20 mins. After about fifteen I ran into my neighbour(boom) and he insisted on talking to me. I jogged on the spot for a bit and then thought, he isn't going to shut up IS HE so I gave up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I bet it looks great with fairy lights on it

I hate running in the hot sun. I always wear sun glasses and put a paper hankie down my bra.......ewww it soaks up the sweat.

It was cooler today, so I decided to go running for about 20 mins. After about fifteen I ran into my neighbour(boom) and he insisted on talking to me. I jogged on the spot for a bit and then thought, he isn't going to shut up IS HE so I gave up.
Love the idea of the paper hankie Cedronella, I could probably make use of it myself. I seem to have developed a pair of 'Man Boobs' these days.....

Ah yes, running into people you know..........I never stop running, I pass the time of day to be sociable, but run right past saying something like "I'll catch you later"... I've even ran past pound coins laying in the road when I've been on for a good time, but I would probably draw the line at folding stuff.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Nice to see everyone in here keeping themselves fit.
As some know, I've been having bother with my knees recently but I've worked out a programme of light weights with high repetitions for my leg training, which will begin today.

Yesterday, I returned to the gym after being so busy with other things the past couple of weeks. I put in a comeback-style complete upper body session which lasted two hours. It's good to be back on the road to fitness again at last!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nice to see everyone in here keeping themselves fit.
As some know, I've been having bother with my knees recently but I've worked out a programme of light weights with high repetitions for my leg training, which will begin today.

Yesterday, I returned to the gym after being so busy with other things the past couple of weeks. I put in a comeback-style complete upper body session which lasted two hours. It's good to be back on the road to fitness again at last!
Do you ever get stiff after a workout when you haven't been to the gym for a while Floydy? If I go out and rake the lawn, something I only do once or twice a year, and I'm as stiff as a board for the next two days. Fortunately, I never get stiff after a run because I run every other day, but it's a nightmare coming back after a layoff, and the older I get the worse it is....

Page 59 of 370 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top