Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
caspian3
New Member!
Worcester
caspian3 is male 

30-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Price of insurance

Seems to be very high these days, it goes up and up Even as we get older?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:20 PM

Re: Price of insurance

Originally Posted by caspian3 ->
Seems to be very high these days, it goes up and up Even as we get older?
You should worry Caspian, I took out a years travel insurance in March and it cost me £437......
That was a waste of brass.......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You should worry Caspian, I took out a years travel insurance in March and it cost me £437......
That was a waste of brass.......
No way of getting a refund OGF? Many people could if it was a result of the government saying travel for holidays was not allowed due to the coronavirus. Paying by card allows repayment through a scheme they have, that's either credit card or debit card apparently.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No way of getting a refund OGF? Many people could if it was a result of the government saying travel for holidays was not allowed due to the coronavirus. Paying by card allows repayment through a scheme they have, that's either credit card or debit card apparently.
Thanks Baz, but I might get lucky before it runs out.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
We had a holiday in late March cancelled due to covid 19 and got half of our travel insurance back. We never made a claim as airfares, hotel and airport transfer were refunded without any problem.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
We had a holiday in late March cancelled due to covid 19 and got half of our travel insurance back. We never made a claim as airfares, hotel and airport transfer were refunded without any problem.
Same here Scot, we have had a cruise to the Baltic and a trip to Guernsey later in the year both cancelled, but have had them transferred to next year. Even the Airfare, so I wasn't too bothered to cancel the insurance, but I might give it a try, better in my pocket!...Thanks.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 01:10 PM

I had my annual House & Contents Insurance quote this week.

Presumably because of age, and the price of building, etc., it had gone up by 50 pounds.

After a quick scan of the various comparison sites, which really brass me off because it's such a pain to have to do this every year, I decided to take the fight to my current insurance company.

When I explained that I was leaving, because of the price, he (who was working from home and quite hard to hear) first asked me if I really needed the current "Defaqto 5 star rated Home Insurance Ultimate Buildings and Contents cover".

I didn't twig how I got onto a policy that complex!

Anyway, on asking what I get for that long title he asked if I wanted a tick by tick assessment to see if I really needed each part of the cover.

By the time we were done, probably 45 minutes, the price was down over a hundred pounds.

There is a moral in that story.

Never take the first offer.

I know, you're going to say it's the same with all types of policy.

I know that - but couldn't be bothered - until now.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 01:22 PM

My car insurance has actually gone down for the third year running so I'm not complaining but it does make me laugh where it says 'You have been with this company for a while now so you may be able to get a better deal elsewhere'......surely it should say 'You have been with this company for a while now, so we will make sure we give you the best deal.'
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 03:27 PM

Hi

A tip from my Son, who worked for a UK Bank for years.

When your renewal is due, go on the comparison websites.

Put it in your basket but do not pay immediately.

Keep it in there until a couple of days before and then redo it.

The sites are set up not to lose business, so you will get a better deal.

I was going to change as soon as I got my renewals with a big saving.

House and car insurance due this weekend, saved another £60 by doing what he said.

Well, I haven't but he is £60 better off.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 04:24 PM

My car insurance from Churchill has just gone up by £21 for no particular reason. So I went on Confused .com & Go Compare to have a shufti. Got a quote at least a tenner less than Churchills from both, so gave them a ring to demand a better price. A nice young lady gave me a quote of £37 less than the new price! So go on Go Compare, and you'll be singing like that Welsh feller!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top