Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Logan
Spain
Logan is male 

05-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Re: Could living abroad be achieved financially?

The reality about moving to live in another country is the younger you do it the more likely you are to settle to it.
Older people manage it better if they have few ties such as family or friends.
Moving abroad separates you from others both geographically and emotionally no matter how hard you try to stay in touch.
You need to ask yourself if that is something you can live with well before doing it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:52 AM

I would love to be really rich and have houses all over the place not just normal houses I mean luxurious ones with gorgeous views and swimming pools big enough for everyone to come visit.

I've always had ideas above my station but a girl can dream
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Friend told me today her sisters state pension has dropped dramatically in Spain due to Brexit , seems she is really struggling , she's lived out there for years .
How and why has it? We haven’t left the EU yet.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:48 PM

But the pound has dropped compared with the Euro. Lots of people will be feeling that.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
But the pound has dropped compared with the Euro. Lots of people will be feeling that.
Of course, didn’t think of that.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:24 PM

I believe that there is an agreement with Canada protecting UK pensions. Great health care here, reasonable rent or home prices in some very affordable places.

http://www.carp.ca/2011/10/17/uk-pen...ome-canadians/
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Logan ->
The reality about moving to live in another country is the younger you do it the more likely you are to settle to it.
Older people manage it better if they have few ties such as family or friends.
Moving abroad separates you from others both geographically and emotionally no matter how hard you try to stay in touch.
You need to ask yourself if that is something you can live with well before doing it.
I did just that because I have few ties here So was seriously considering moving to live in Southern Spain .
I realised eventually all that glitters isn’t gold and that I simply wouldn’t be able to cope with summertime temperatures there .
SusanaP
New Member!
London, UK
SusanaP is female 

05-06-2018, 02:39 AM

We lived in Costa Rica for a trial period a few years back and it really is cheaper than in other countries
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 02:56 AM

had some great cigars from there!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 04:21 AM

I retired to The Philippines in 2005. Very, very very inexpensive. 3 bedroom apt only $170 USD/month. If you run the Aircon a great amount it will cost another $100 USD/month.

Many Brits and Aussies living there. Mostly single men. Not for everyone however. An adventurous spirit is required.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top