Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Re: Who would be your Jonah?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I find it amazing so many consider Jesus in such a bad light. I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember but I don't think I have stooped so low - at least I don't think I have. Why? Because his effect on the world. I mentioned being a Christian Atheist. You can pick the best of Christianity and still not believe in a 'God'. Seems the perfect solution to me. Maybe time a few on here questioned where the world is going and for what purpose - and by whom? Religion isn't out of the mix yet you know - far from it.

Being serious on a silly thread? Was it that silly though? Was it yet another dig - another attempt to dismantle the fabric of our Christian and caring society? Some on here are gullible in the extreme - I AIN'T.
Being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be devoid of humour or self deprecation....if religion were a little less serious....as well as it's followers....then that'd be a good thing, No?

That includes your deliberate attempt to stir up an arguement.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That includes your deliberate attempt to stir up an arguement.
Nope - to stir up some brain cells .

And I have an odd sense of humour .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:28 PM

I keep seeing signs saying, "Jesus Lives" and "Jesus Saves" outside churches, so it must be true! I'd keep him then.
Theresa May would go overboard attached to Trump to weigh her down.
Corbyn could stay as he's getting rid of Bedroom Tax and helping us WASPI women. If he doesn't I'll row him back out and drop him overboard!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:28 PM

Believe me, I'm not tarantulas biggest fan but.....it doesn't read like the thread you describe.

A little fun will be injected into the thread....whether that was her intention or not.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Believe me, I'm not tarantulas biggest fan but.....it doesn't read like the thread you describe.

A little fun will be injected into the thread....whether that was her intention or not.
I'm fed up of people taking the piss out of all we stand for - that which has shaped us. I'm rapidly losing my sense of humour with regard to it all. In my opinion the undermining comes from all angles and all forms, some of which appears harmless such as this thread - but none of it is - none of it. The accumulation of it all is a growing defragmented society bereft of its cohesion - the values that once held us all together. You can see it happening all the more and to be replaced by what?

Come on now we are rapidly running out of time. Isn't it about time we turned the destructive brainwashing tide? We need to identify who we are and why. Time to draw a few lines in the sand and stand firm because being pushovers isn't working - now is it.

Good this innit .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 01:04 PM

Get rid of our democratic rights?

I know who I am....I know who my family and friend's are.....none of us are having an identity crisis.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 01:05 PM

Get rid of our democratic rights?

I know who I am....I know who my family and friend's are.....none of us are having an identity crisis.
Not yet .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Not yet .
Not yet, not ever.....I have the power to guide myself in any direction I like....it's my individual right...one that I will protect with my life......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 01:22 PM

Not yet, not ever.....I have the power to guide myself in any direction I like....it's my individual right...one that I will protect with my life......
At the moment you do. Now, if only we all tapped into the resolve you show. What a force we would become. How though? White supremacy? Rabid nationalism? Or fall back on something that has been a part of our makeup for over 2000 years - Christianity? What better way to fight off the evils of this world by Christianity once again showing the way? Bear in mind Islam and Judaism, to name a few, are not in decline and never have been.

In my opinion Christianity is our last hope because what is to come in the very near future is subservience in all sorts of ways to those who follow a different prophet - a different set of morals and beliefs (we are already under their sway). Trouble is there are very few of us who know who they are. 'Why?', I hear you ask. Why indeed. The thought police are at work and have been for many a year. Like I said nothing is as it seems these days. My eyes though are beginning to penetrate the veil of deceit - are yours?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 01:28 PM

The veil of deceit? Nope, not witnessed that.

The only one's I see threatening my very existence and the existence of my family and friend's is the threat from terror groups....not individuals, as such.

To protect those we must counter these attacks on society...I don't condone violence I encourage it....in the form of military action.
#
Anyway....too much of a diversion on Tarantulas thread...over and out.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top