Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:08 PM

Re: John Major's astonishing Brexit speech attacking Theresa May in full

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There was no referendum on the terms of leaving. It was leave or stay. Nothing about how we leave on the voting slip so anyone saying they voted for this or that deal has a vivid imagination!
There was no vote on the terms of leaving because there didn't need to be
The terms and implications of voting leave had been explained and discussed publicly in the 8 weeks beforehand, and the government had sent us all a leaflet explaining that
Everyone who voted leave knew what that meant - a complete withdrawal from any and all parts of the EU that take precedence over British authorities & legislation

All this talk of 'they didn't know what they were voting for'; Hard Brexit; Soft Brexit; please can we keep this or that bit; is just so much distraction by the Remainers to weaken, reverse, or otherwise subvert a democratic decision

This was summed up very well by an audience member in Question Time a few weeks ago

When I voted in The Referendum the choice was Leave or Remain.
It didn't then say
Now go to part two; do you want this kind of Brexit or that kind of Brexit?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Rubbish leave meant leave, we either leave all the bits of the eu or we stay. The choice was made. All this trying to keep one foot in and one foot out is what's causing the delays.
Hi

The delay is down to those in charge in Brexit not doing their job.

It is almost a year since we handed in Article 50,we are leaving the Single Market, Customs Union and controlling EU Immigration.

We have got naff in place.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:22 PM

I am glad I'm not Teresa May.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:24 PM

I'll second that muddy I wouldn't have her job for all the tea in the world.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
There was no vote on the terms of leaving because there didn't need to be
The terms and implications of voting leave had been explained and discussed publicly in the 8 weeks beforehand, and the government had sent us all a leaflet explaining that
Everyone who voted leave knew what that meant - a complete withdrawal from any and all parts of the EU that take precedence over British authorities & legislation

All this talk of 'they didn't know what they were voting for'; Hard Brexit; Soft Brexit is just so much distraction by the Remainers to weaken, reverse, or otherwise subvert a democratic decision
That's nonsense. There was no detail then and theres nothing decided now. There was no plan for leaving and nothing on the ballot paper. So yes we voted leave but the rest is la la land.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:31 PM

I keep looking for different definitions of leave and there aren't that many. Leave as tm said really does mean leave.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:33 PM

I have no time for either the tories or labour,but I do feel rather sorry for T May..did She really have a clue what She was letting Herself in for,or what a parcel o' rogues Her other party members would become...what a bloody shambles.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 02:08 PM

I keep looking for different definitions of leave and there aren't that many. Leave as tm said really does mean leave.
That's all it means. There is nothing official anywhere to determine the terms of leaving. It's the emperor's New clothes. You can keep making it up but there's nothing there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's all it means. There is nothing official anywhere to determine the terms of leaving. It's the emperor's New clothes. You can keep making it up but there's nothing there.
Anything other than a complete severance from them isn't leaving, it's something else. I am more and more thinking just go with WTO would be far simpler and stop us all going round in circles.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 02:24 PM

Anything other than a complete severance from them isn't leaving, it's something else. I am more and more thinking just go with WTO would be far simpler and stop us all going round in circles.
Hi

We are trying to negotiate Trade Deals on our own to avoid WTO Rules.

The only country in the World which trades solely under WTO Rules is Mauritania,0.2 % of the size of our economy.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top