Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:35 PM

Re: We were lied to! Secret Document Shows Why!

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Old news, this document was released in 2001, has been in the public domain ever since and is now being used by Brexiteers to whip up anti EU sentiment and throw out their usual over the top accusations of treason at anyone who points out what a mistake BREXIT is. I notice you quote the article verbatim from the Daily Express without accrediting.

It's an unknown civil servant's 40 year old predictions of hazards he thought might happen. So what?
Yes it was released in 2001.

I remember it at the time

Makes no difference to the way I voted because I realized that fact years before it was released.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely Moscow.....
There's a good reason why most older people voted to exit the EU, because they have grown up with it and seen it develop from being a 'Good Idea' to the all consuming and expensive monster it has turned out to be with it's tentacles reaching into everyday life. And it turns out it was intended all along.
The remainers believed that the brexiteers voted just on the immigration issue, but for most voters I spoke to, could see that it is an undemocratic layer of bureaucracy that should not be necessary in order to trade with our European neighbours. And to all those remainers who think that we voted to exit Europe, on the contrary, we voted to exit the EU not Europe.
Well said, OGF!

It's always worth bearing in mind that , in Politics as in business, there is likely to be a large amount of Snake Oil in all the selling which goes in to winning a vote.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:39 AM

Hi

We are lied to in every single Election.

Both sides lied to us the Referendum.

Nothing will change until we can hold our Politicians personally responsible for their statements.

We suffer,they don't.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top