Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Text Messages Shown In Television Programmes

I find more and more television series and films will quickly flash a text message received on a mobile phone on the screen.
You have to be able to read it quick, that’s if you can read it from your seat, or jump out of your seat to get to the screen to read it!
I usually miss what they say, so l have to rewind or pause the screen, if l’m not quick enough.
I know it sounds trivial and petty but sometimes the text message can be important to you knowing what’s going on in the programme.

Do you have trouble reading on screen text messages? Or am l the only one in the world!!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Re: Text Messages Shown In Television Programmes

Yes, me too. Sometimes they show the messages in the subtitles but when they don't I'm scrabbling for the pause or rewind button.

On a similar note I'm unsure if it's my hearing or not but I've noticed I can't understand some words, especially if it's a US show. Maybe they speak too fast?

Thank goodness for subtitles!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Ha ha. I know what you mean Art. I find it a bit annoying. There was something on last night that had text on screen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 06:39 PM

I find it very annoying
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Yes! And it drives me up the wall!!

I use subtitles and keep the volume down, but if there's a text then I have to pause, rewind, and run up to the TV to read it!!!

Recently on Split and Innocent it's been worse than usual!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top