Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 11:01 AM

Sex workers

Channel 5

I saw a dreadful programme last night .
It's was about prostitutes or sex workers as they called them.
It documented five women .
All were drug addicts and all were fairly articulate .
They hated their lives and only lived for the next shot.
They had lost homes husbands children all to feed their drug habit.
They seemed like older women - one had grandchildren but all were sad at the terrible cost drugs had taken on their existence .These poor women needed help but how do you help someone addicted to heroin?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Sex workers

If they will accept help, perhaps we should give them a chance at one of those clinics that can get them clean.

This could be used as a payment for them making videos, that can be shown in schools, which explain the horrors of taking drugs! Or maybe taking them to schools to answer questions from the kids ...which scare the life out of them!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Good idea Twink .
I felt very sorry for them.
They were such vulnerable people at least two had come from abusive homes and one was talking about her son who was in jail.
These things affect people down the generations.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 12:26 PM

I saw some of the programme the previous evening. Was it the one that ran for three nights?

The previous episode was about men who like being physically hurt by their partner. It certainly opened my eyes to some weird struff.
One man in particular liked being repeatedly kicked hard in the testicles!!

Some of these women were doing the most horrendous things to their customers - truly unbelievable. Far beyond my comprehension I'm afraid.
I didn't watch any more.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Muddy I too watched with great sadness for these poor women . What hell they live . The life they talked about , the horrors they have lived . I was saddened to watch them .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good idea Twink .
I felt very sorry for them.
They were such vulnerable people at least two had come from abusive homes and one was talking about her son who was in jail.
These things affect people down the generations.
It breaks my heart to think of young people taking, and getting hooked on drugs, but they do it to make life more exciting..... and we all know what kids can be like about trying new things.

If schools want to teach something worthwhile, they should let these kids hear about the awful side of taking drugs.

Three years ago I contacted the local comprehensive and offered to come in and let the kids know the down side of smoking ( my cancer was a type that smoking causes). I did it because I had seen so many kids in uniform smoking in the street, but the school never got back to me.

I personally approached a bunch of girls, who were smoking outside the supermarket, and told them of my experience, but in a friendly way. A few weeks later one of the girls saw me and came up to me to say she hadn't smoked one since, as she didn't want Chemo.
More kids could be saved from taking drugs, if we spoke to them like adults and told them how awful the consequences can be!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 01:02 PM

I didn’t see the program but I also find this type of thing very depressing.
Yes they do it to themselves but I’m sure it’s complicated, especially with drugs so addictive. Very sad! Some people are seriously messed up in a big way. I can’t imagine injecting any drug into my system but I certainly won’t judge these people. Very sad!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
how do you help someone addicted to heroin?
Same as any other addiction.

The person first HAS to want to genuinely stop. Until that point, there's nothing really that can be done.

Take any of a million smokers and vapers. There's a contingency of idiots who say they would like to stop but the truth is they don't want to. They like their fag, and they don't care that they are filling their lungs and arteries with crap which will lead to an early and horrible death later in life.

Anyone who genuinely wants to stop an addiction can go to rehab and get through it. Unfortuneately there's a cost to rehab clinics and drug abusers of course can't afford them. The "rehab" on the NHS that is free is useless. About 7 days worth which isn't enough to cure anything.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2018, 09:18 PM

Is there no way they could put these poor people into some sort of light coma until the drug is out of their system ?
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:18 PM

A pity in the fifties when the drug habit appeared along with fast food and Elvis that hard drug dealers weren't strung up along with murderers.
A drug dealer in heroin is no different to a mass murderer and should be eliminated like a rabid dog.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top