Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 12:13 PM

Jobsworths.

Hi

My House is sold, lost the one I wanted due to Solicitors prating about.

I have put in an offer on another.

It is one of four in a Listed Building, an old Church.

It is listed because of the frontage and interior,

Neither of which will change at all.

The rear of the property backs onto a Post Office Delivery Depot.

Nobody can see it.

I need dog proof fencing and a shed.

Neither of these affect the listing at all, they are not part of it.

I am being forced to go through the whole palaver of Listed Building Consent.

I despair, I really do.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 02:37 PM

Re: Jobsworths.

Poor you Swim. We have many listed buildings here too. I would NEVER buy a listed property, it must be a nightmare! you daren't drive a nail in the wall without permission first. I can understand the need to keep a building as it is when it is hundreds of years old, obviously, any restructuring or additions that alter the look must be kept under strict control, but honestly, some of the stories I hear of people tearing their hair out over the ridiculous planning rules and regulations regarding listed properties would put some people off for life! Good luck with your purchase. It must be a really beautiful property for it to be listed. Hope the jobsworths don't make your life too hellish.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 02:45 PM

If you buy a listed property you have to expect restrictions on what you can do, I don't have a problem with that. No one is forced to buy a listed building.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Listed buildings annoy me. They can be left to rot into the ground no problem but if you want to make improvements, all the rules and regs come out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If you buy a listed property you have to expect restrictions on what you can do, I don't have a problem with that. No one is forced to buy a listed building.
Hi

I have researched it thoroughly.

The reasons for listing are available online.

It is solely the frontage and parts of the Interior.

I am buying the rear of the property, naff all to do with the reasons for listing.

The only people who can see it are Post Office delivery drivers.

There is even a Portacabin next door.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-54132714.html

I despair, I really do.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have researched it thoroughly.

The reasons for listing are available online.

It is solely the frontage and parts of the Interior.

I am buying the rear of the property, naff all to do with the reasons for listing.

The only people who can see it are Post Office delivery drivers.

There is even a Portacabin next door.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-54132714.html

I despair, I really do.
You are not being forced to buy it!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Solicitors are only out for themselves not their clients. I have just done a post on the solicitors we had to have the unfortunate but unavoidable use of. their fees are astronomical as well
Their time scale works in decades not days they are so slow.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Solicitors are only out for themselves not their clients. I have just done a post on the solicitors we had to have the unfortunate but unavoidable use of. their fees are astronomical as well
Their time scale works in decades not days they are so slow.
Some might be, but not the solicitors we have had over the years. They have done excellent jobs for us at very reasonable prices.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:54 PM

tarantula
originally the ones we were landed with he was doing it as an old family friend for nothing , now the company has changed and greed is their watchword. £190 for a letter is what they charge
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
tarantula
originally the ones we were landed with he was doing it as an old family friend for nothing , now the company has changed and greed is their watchword. £190 for a letter is what they charge
Our previous solicitor, who did a job for us before he retired, which would normally have cost £1000+, wouldn't charge us for it, as we were longstanding clients.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top