Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:06 PM

An audience with Cliff Richard

Channel 5
A very entertaining programme.
Cliff Richard is so good and very funny - what a lovely man he is - not afraid to take the Micky out of himself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:01 AM

Re: An audience with Cliff Richard

Is that a recent 'audience with' Muddy, or a repeat from a few years ago?

I saw the old one and it was excellent!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:15 AM

I am not sure I just saw it last night .
Maybe it was old because Cliff was still looking fairly young .
The police raid on his house and subsequent false allegations have done what the years did not -they aged him tremendously .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:51 AM

There's one album of his from 1976 I'm Nearly Famous which I quite like still. But really he was before my time and I found much of his later stuff cheesy.

He didn't need that helicopter video of the raid on his house...it's puzzling why as I can't think of anyone else being treated that way. And the implication was that he was guilty of these alleged offences.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:30 AM

When I met Cliff Richard years ago he seemed very nice indeed we had a good time with him, when he accompanied a group of us on a trip to one of our nearby islands. My eldest daughter still has her school report book, which he signed when my parents were showing it off to him, when they invited him for a meal at our family home.

I trust none of the allegations against have any veracity.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:46 AM

No I didn't. Can't stand him. Was he waving his arms in the air and swaying about again? Hate all that cheesy crap.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2018, 08:48 AM

So he's cheesy so what?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
When I met Cliff Richard years ago he seemed very nice indeed we had a good time with him, when he accompanied a group of us on a trip to one of our nearby islands. My eldest daughter still has her school report book, which he signed when my parents were showing it off to him, when they invited him for a meal at our family home.

I trust none of the allegations against have any veracity.
FFS Say some thing nice for a chance instead of your usual boastful and utterly obnoxious inanities.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So he's cheesy so what?
I like a mature cheddar. Cliff is like Stilton: all old and veiny and mouldy-looking
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:03 AM

I wanted to watch it but had my young grandson staying the night and it was his bath time.

Tony was pleased because he isn't a Cliff fan. I think it stems from when Cliff was just starting out with the Drifters (Shadows) Before he hit the big time they appeared at our local dance hall. In the interval when they played records Cliff asked Tony's girlfriend for a jive! I guess it made him jealous!!

I've always admired Cliff and hope hope to watch it on catch up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top