Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Re: I hate this Lime tree.

Our car is in a seagull path and practically every day Mr Mags has to go out and clean up the mess they leave on it.
Very rarely does it land on the cars either side, I think it has taken a liking to ours
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Low flying pigeons are my problem, leaving a calling card as they pass.
Yes, and they train all future generations.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Our car is in a seagull path and practically every day Mr Mags has to go out and clean up the mess they leave on it.
Very rarely does it land on the cars either side, I think it has taken a liking to ours
Oh, we have them too, Mags. They come in groups with the stupid pigeons. The gulls avoid the trees, just sit on cars, or ..... on heads.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Years ago i lived in a street of terraced houses and the street was lined with lime trees which covered vehicles in sticky goo every summer. Eventually the tree caused a subsidence problem under my bay window A structural engineer proved this for me so i contacted the local council and threatened to sue. The tree was removed the following day. It came to light that many of the houses were suffering the same problem.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:49 AM

We had a huge old sycamore overhanging our drive from our neighbour's boundary at our last house which gave us the same problems, it was either flower cases, sap or leaves depending on the season but for eight months a year we couldn't park under it. Our neighbour eventually had it taken down after some badgering and cajoling though and we went halves on the cost, which was well worth it because as a bonus we even got daylight back again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top