Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Re: M&S closing and will you miss it ?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When ah wer a lad there was a lot of talk about what C and A stood for.
It was suggested that the letters were from labels indicating which way round their knickers should be worn.

I shall say no more.
Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Mmm, I am afraid to admit it, but I do know what you mean.
Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, perhaps you can enlighten me, as I haven't the faintest idea!

Why do people have to make filthy innuendo like this.

It spoils the thread for me..
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
why do people have to make filthy innuendo like this.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 06:00 PM

They are only closing some of the stores. It's a good move if they are not making a profit in certain locations.

I stopped buying bras there after they changed the design. Suddenly you could see the seams under tight t shirts. The trouble is that their marketing department consistently misreads customer preferences. People do not want some of the strange colours and designs they come up with. e.g. if you have a formal top for an office worker they do not want it to be see-through or clingy.

I bought a nice sunflower t shirt from per Una last year but when I got home I cut off the pointless voile frill that they had added to the hem. It was perfect without it. It's little gaffes like this that stop people buying more of their clothes.

They occasionally get it really right with an item which immediately sells out. They should stick to simple classics, quality and a good cut and then they would recover their market share. Instead they are trying to please all and getting into a no win situation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They are only closing some of the stores. It's a good move if they are not making a profit in certain locations.

I stopped buying bras there after they changed the design. Suddenly you could see the seams under tight t shirts. The trouble is that their marketing department consistently misreads customer preferences. People do not want some of the strange colours and designs they come up with. e.g. if you have a formal top for an office worker they do not want it to be see-through or clingy.

I bought a nice sunflower t shirt from per Una last year but when I got home I cut off the pointless voile frill that they had added to the hem. It was perfect without it. It's little gaffes like this that stop people buying more of their clothes.

They occasionally get it really right with an item which immediately sells out. They should stick to simple classics, quality and a good cut and then they would recover their market share. Instead they are trying to please all and getting into a no win situation.
Spot on.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 07:39 PM

I will miss M&S, I buy my bra's & knickers there.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 08:09 PM

My local M & S is closing. I love to go and buy food shopping there, I don't shop there all the time for my food as it is expensive but I like to treat us now and then. So yes, I will miss my local M & S
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 11:44 PM

Why do people have to make filthy innuendo like this.

You make a good point Carol
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 07:32 AM

Well thank you Nicol & DWebb.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these kind of remarks offensive.

We do seem to be the minority though...
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 07:59 AM

Well thank you Nicol & DWebb.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these kind of remarks offensive.

We do seem to be the minority though...
I find many threads are derailed in this way, it's annoying when it's an interesting read Most annoying is the fact that there's a specific place on this forum for that kind of thing.

Sorry, off topic

Back on topic.....

I rarely use M&S but I do know their merchandise is supposed to be excellent quality. My mother in law uses them so I used to give her gift vouchers for birthdays and Christmas. If the one here closes she'll have to make do with Debenhams
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

28-05-2018, 08:10 AM

I used to rate M&S food very highly but I think that's gone downhill too.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top