Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:52 PM

Bed linens

Do you have a special kind of bed linens you buy? I want to buy some this summer that a nice and cool. I think that would be cotton. I don't like how rinkly they get, but I am sure not going to start ironing them like my mother did. She irons all her sheets and pillow cases.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:56 PM

Re: Bed linens

I use Egyptian cotton for Summer and Irish linen for Winter - and I iron them, Blue!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:01 PM

Same here ST and I always iron my bed linen too, nothing like crisp, freshly laundered sheets.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Nope nothing special, if I see a bed set I like I buy it, as long as it's cotton I'm fine with it.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:00 PM

I've got a set of nice cotton sheets but yesterday I was as looking at a mattress protector in Dunelms but it was £60 as it has as a nice thick comfy one I would like to get.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:01 PM

Cotton sheets here ... and I always iron them
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Made a big mistake some years ago - bought a set of satin fitted sheets, duvet covers and matching pillow cases. they get so warm, that when you try to roll over they all stick to you - most uncomfortable!!!

I now have cotton fitted sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've got a set of nice cotton sheets but yesterday I was as looking at a mattress protector in Dunelms but it was £60 as it has as a nice thick comfy one I would like to get.
I just logged out of the site and seen the mattress protector advertised in the banner advert on the site closing page and it's in a sale.
I nearly bought it for £60 yesterday in the shop. Just bought it online £44.00. I'm made up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I just logged out of the site and seen the mattress protector advertised in the banner advert on the site closing page and it's in a sale.
I nearly bought it for £60 yesterday in the shop. Just bought it online £44.00. I'm made up.
So the ads are useful to some members

Pleased to hear you got a bargain, MC
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:35 PM

Luxury high count are my favorites, preferring fine percale over sateen because they don't ever pill, getting softer with age.

I love my well-worn linen sheets too, smooth as silk and cool.

Ironed sheets are the only way to go as they knock down the loose fibers. Besides that crisp look, that aroma of cotton being ironed smells so clean and homey.

Although I typically the sheets when they are still lightly damp making the process much easier, my frustration is that most of the temperature limiters on the modern irons (the government mucking around my laundry room) are set too low for linen.

With one third of my life between the sheets, these corners I don't like to cut.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top