Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:40 PM

Re: I bought a TV

My TV arrives between 2:00 and 3:46 according to the app on my watch.

I think the hardest thing is probably going to be attaching the base to it then seeing if it will fit on my table. It should, according to the pictures online.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I imagine I'll be watching it tonight but it will take me some time before I come to know all its features. It's only HD, not 4K but I imagine 4K would be wasted on a 32" screen and I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference.
Ours is HD, but I can't tell the difference between HD and non-HD programmes to be honest.

4K? I probably wouldn't see any difference with that either.

It does do 3D, though, and the effects are very good indeed. The BBC did once do a couple of 3D programmes, but they seem to have gone off the idea now! We have some excellent 3D DVDs/BDs, though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Wearing my glasses, I can definitely tell the difference between SD and HD, but 4K or ultra -HD would be overkill.

I'm glad you enjoy your 3D DVDs/BDs, JBR, it's something I thought never really took off - at least for TV/Film content.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Wearing my glasses, I can definitely tell the difference between SD and HD, but 4K or ultra -HD would be overkill.

I'm glad you enjoy your 3D DVDs/BDs, JBR, it's something I thought never really took off - at least for TV/Film content.
No, more's the pity.

The Queen once allowed the BBC to film her (at home I think) in 3D, and I still have a recording I made of it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:37 PM

It sounds as if it's a nice TV Ffosse. I like Sony and Panasonic as makes. Good that you can plug the audio output into the hi-fi unit because as you say, the sound can be a bit bad from TVs. I think it's because the speakers are fairly flat and small. Also that they aren't usually forward-facing.

Our main TV plugs into a surround-sound amplifier, which makes the sound pretty good. I bought a soundbar for another TV that we have. It doesn't have a separate bass speaker but the bass is pretty good for such a small unit even so.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Well that wasn't so good: it came without the screws to affix it to the base.

Argos offered me another one but I don't want to have the same problem tomorrow - I suspect they have got a bad batch and I had read a couple of amazon reviews mentioning the no screws issue - there's just no way it would stay upright. They offered me a refund but I can't be arsed packing it up again - maybe I'll use it leaning against a wall or something. Best thing is to phone Sony in London on Tuesday morning and ask that they send me the screws directly - they should do that.

This has ruined my Sunday and I felt myself getting quite ill with the cancer - stress isn't good for it - my muscles are aching.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 10:10 PM

Argos offered me another one but I don't want to have the same problem tomorrow - I suspect they have got a bad batch and I had read a couple of amazon reviews mentioning the no screws issue - there's just no way it would stay upright. They offered me a refund but I can't be arsed packing it up again - maybe I'll use it leaning against a wall or something. Best thing is to phone Sony in London on Tuesday morning and ask that they send me the screws directly - they should do that.

This has ruined my Sunday and I felt myself getting quite ill with the cancer - stress isn't good for it - my muscles are aching.
Oh dear
That is not good at all Dreamy. I am so sorry for your disappointment. Try and stay calm my lovely. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-05-2018, 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems.

To be fair, I have found Argos to be very supportive of their customers when we had a problem with the fridge-freezer we bought from them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-05-2018, 12:26 PM

Argos turned up at 7:15 this morning - phoned me first - with a new TV. Funnily, it had the screws attached to the outside of the bracket bag so I just took those and not the whole TV.

Very good service - I've been unable to get the TV to work with my wi-fi service, just my iPhone; at least I found out that there were no updates for it. I may buy a Netflix stick or something to go online with it. Good picture and just the right size for my smallish living room. Much happier than yesterday which was a day of frustration.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Argos turned up at 7:15 this morning - phoned me first - with a new TV. Funnily, it had the screws attached to the outside of the bracket bag so I just took those and not the whole TV.

Very good service - I've been unable to get the TV to work with my wi-fi service, just my iPhone; at least I found out that there were no updates for it. I may buy a Netflix stick or something to go online with it. Good picture and just the right size for my smallish living room. Much happier than yesterday which was a day of frustration.
Good. As I said, I've found Argos to be a customer-supportive company. I hope they remain so.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top