Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 06:55 PM

Re: Photo Competition?

Another point to remember is certain people did not keep to the explicit rules which stated a member must not vote for their own photo.

When I started the photo competitions four or five years previous to Barry, it was as a fun competition for all, equal for all, that meant no editing so everyone had a fair chance and certainly no cheating by voting for yourself as was happening almost every time.

As Barry has said above, those who want to edit their photos can start a separate photo competition themselves.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Another point to remember is certain people did not keep to the explicit rules which stated a member must not vote for their own photo.

When I started the photo competitions four or five years previous to Barry, it was as a fun competition for all, equal for all, that meant no editing so everyone had a fair chance and certainly no cheating by voting for yourself as was happening almost every time.

As Barry has said above, those who want to edit their photos can start a separate photo competition themselves.
I agree with Barry's terms.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Thanks for offering to do it again Barry. I got quite excited when I saw the thread appear as I thought it was always good fun and an interesting thing to take part in.

I couldn't remember why you stopped doing it tbh but now it has all come back to me. ; Too much criticism from a certain individual. I remember it turning a bit nasty last time round so I don't think it is worth resurrecting but that's just my opinion.

Shame though because I'm sure many of us used to enjoy it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

11-03-2020, 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1869777]Just a thought to make things easier, but I will go by what others say of course.

Have to give serious though about joining in as I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't suppose any helpful criticism will be allowed either

Definitely not, it will be a fun thread not for others to criticise in any way.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Ooo,will there be another rumble in the OFF photo' comp' jungle I wonder?...not if EVERYONE plays nicely
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

11-03-2020, 07:29 PM

All, when I raised the question of restartIing the photo comp. this morning (My post was moved to announcements) I had no idea what had gone on before.
Please remember like me there are new or newer members that woukd like to enjoy this comp and from the comments today a lot of longer serving members too.
As Barry has kindly offered to give managing it a go I think we should put past irritations behind us and all start again fresh and equally....

It should be fun with no need for any type of criticism only positive contribution and if it turns out not to suit then you can give it a swerve.

I look forward to hearing from Barry with the starting theme and necessary information.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 08:55 PM

I hope Barry feels he can revive the competition, I promise not to enter any edited photos (that'll mean nothing with a horizon in! ) if that's what he wants.

Anyone who wants to edit, enhance or manipulate is able to post in the Challenge threads, so that gives everyone chance to share work. No critisism on there so far.

I can't see any problems. Go for it Barry!

PS. Mags, if anyone votes for themselves, name and shame 'em!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=Mags;1869811]
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just a thought to make things easier, but I will go by what others say of course.

Have to give serious though about joining in as I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't suppose any helpful criticism will be allowed either

Definitely not, it will be a fun thread not for others to criticise in any way.
Mags
the problem is I shoot in RAW photo mode. To post on here means editing back to what is called Jpeg mode.
Would this still be allowed ?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

11-03-2020, 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1869880]
Originally Posted by Mags ->

Mags
the problem is I shoot in RAW photo mode. To post on here means editing back to what is called Jpeg mode.
Would this still be allowed ? 75.1MB is too big for the internet to handle

I don’t understand what you are talking about RS, all I know is Barry would like to re-open the Photograph competition for a photo straight from the camera so all members can take part with no editing. It’s his decision.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Mags;1869904]
Originally Posted by realspeed ->

I don’t understand what you are talking about RS, all I know is Barry would like to re-open the Photograph competition for a photo straight from the camera so all members can take part with no editing. It’s his decision.
The file size is too big to post in RAW so has to be edited to a size that will post.

This is why ,with all due respect to all concerned, a little photographic knowledge is desirable if running a photo competition. It is impossible to post a RAW photo straight from the camera. It HAS to be reduced to a size that will post, and that means editing

This is not altering/editing the photo as in altering the colour sharpness etc as in the video link, it is reducing the size to post

Bit like me judging a cookling competition, I don't have a clue even to boil a spud

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top