Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Re: Are you a hugger? I love you!

I am definitely a hugger Blue, and am the really affectionate sort.
I express my Love to my Wife many times a day, and her to me.
As I think you know from my past posts Blue, I am totally uninhibited in almost everything I do and say.
But I would rather be like that than be inhibited and cold and unable to show love and affection.
I think that is rather sad.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I am definitely a hugger Blue, and am the really affectionate sort.
I express my Love to my Wife many times a day, and her to me.
As I think you know from my past posts Blue, I am totally uninhibited in almost everything I do and say.
But I would rather be like that than be inhibited and cold and unable to show love and affection.
I think that is rather sad
While I think it's presumptious of you to think others unlike yourself might well have been born that way rather than being labelled unable to show love and affection.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:37 PM

I will hug children, close friends or somebody who is upset, because instinct tells me when somebody wants or needs a hug.

If I needed to say "I love you" to people I care about, I would be concerned that my everyday actions and words weren't already delivering that message.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
While I think it's presumptious of you to think others unlike yourself might well have been born that way rather than being labelled unable to show love and affection.
What makes you think I was labelling anybody with anything Z?
I was expressing a general opinion.
And I would rather you not try and put words in my mouth either!
Some people!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:57 PM

I don't go round hugging people I hardly know, and would be surprised if it was done to me.

To me, hugs can be given/received for different reasons.
It is not always just a 'hello' or a 'goodbye' thing to me.

I do love a hug with people I care about, especially if I haven't seen them for a while.
But the ones given/received at moments of sadness or comfort are quite different IMO.

I appreciate either if the time is right, but I have always been an affectionate person, so like to both give and receive.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Well said
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 07:10 PM

I've just posted something similar on the Childhood Memories , about people telling (or not telling)others they love them.

I'm not really a huggy person, with those I don't really know or feel a closeness to, but it seems to be a fashionable thing to do. Out of choice I'd rather shake hands.

Everyone is different, but so far as the 'I Love You' , that has to be sincere and meaningful to the specific person. Not just words that get over used and mean nothing in the end.
All those whom I do love, I will tell them... and cuddle or hug if they want it.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Boozercruiser this is what you said? But I would rather be like that than be inhibited and cold and unable to show love and affection.
I think that is rather sad.

Not labelling others who have said they don't hug etc?
I will rephrase . Indicating as opposed to labelling.
Why is this thing about showing feelings counted as being something to be proud of ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 07:15 PM

Man hugs - It's taken me a long long time to get anywhere near that but I am getting there.

Lady Hugs - Love 'em.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 07:16 PM

Definitely a hugger, and I miss getting/giving them. That's why I miss my Mum so much especially as I saw her quite often in the week in the later years. Bruv and sis in law are good huggers, older sis when I see her (which isn't often), young sis not quite so huggy but her two daughters give massive loving bear hugs!!

One of the ladies down the allotment liked to give hugs when meeting but she has moved away. So I have to hug my pup now.

Took awhile to exchange hugs with my good friends but we do now, when meeting/leaving.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top