Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:22 PM

Re: First dates

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You asked for that Boozer! The last time somebody made comments like that, even in joke, Art was offended... so why do it again?
Most people date so they can meet a suitable partner or friend, but for many of them it doesn't mean they are ready to immediately jump into bed with them. Good relationships are based on a lot more than a bit of nookie!
I don't recollect what you say there Twink, otherwise I would not have tried to make that joke.
Well.
It was to me anyway.
I have deleted that part of my post and apologised.
Now then.
What do you want now?
Blood!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Boozer do you remember the blonde girl on First dates that I mentioned earlier in this thread? I wish they did updates on how their lives progressed, I've worried about her ever since.
Before I leave this thread I noticed you post so naturally I will answer it before the vultures have me for toast!
Yes I remember all of the people in those particular episodes.
I agree that it would be very nice if they did the odd update on people.
But then, I don't think the series has been going all that long, so perhaps they will over time.
Have you been looking at all of the latest Blind Dates over on the continent?
I love them as different love seekers on leave the hotel and the new lot of Love Seekers arrive?
I find it all very nice to watch, and good luck to them all.
Most of us need Love in our lives.
I certainly do.
And my Wife too!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I don't recollect what you say there Twink, otherwise I would not have tried to make that joke.
Well.
It was to me anyway.
I have deleted that part of my post and apologised.
Now then.
What do you want now?
Blood!
If Art has accepted your apology I want nothing else
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

10-02-2018, 02:37 PM

If Art has accepted your apology I want nothing else
How very magnananous of you Twink.
I am really honoured.
Now please.
Get off my case!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
How very magnananous of you Twink.
I am really honoured.
Now please.
Get off my case!
I am not on your case, but Art is a friend and I well recall how upset she was last time this type of comment was posted about her having a number of dates.....and it was discussed on this forum!
If you don't like me standing up for a friend, that is your problem not mine!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't help but feel bewildered at some of these dating shows on telly, like the Paddy MacGuiness 'Taek me Out' one for a start.

The things these young men do to try and impress the girls.
I mean how can a lad heading a football for 5 mins non-stop be of interest to a young girl?
You need to understand that these programs are all set up and scripted. Nothing in them is random or genuine.

"Take Me Out" has been whistleblown a few times by angry girls who participated. They are told what to do, what to say, who to pick, who not to pick.

If you can detach your brain and just treat these things as nothing but moronic facile entertainment then fine.

Other scripted totally set up programmes include:

Storage Hunters
Lizard Lick Towing
American Pickers
Aussie Gold Hunters

and so on

All part of the wider agenda to dumb down the population, give them superficial values and make sure they don't think for themselves. Basically creating as many distractions as they can to stop people seeing what they are doing elsewhere.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 03:32 PM

I am not on your case, but Art is a friend and I well recall how upset she was last time this type of comment was posted about her having a number of dates.....and it was discussed on this forum!
If you don't like me standing up for a friend, that is your problem not mine!
I feel like Daniel entering the lions den responding to this but in for a penny.

I agree its terrible to be wrongly accused I know that from personal experience what's even worse is when people believe it... people you considered friends and others who are not so much friends but just enjoy the gossip and revel in keeping it going.

I really have no interest in gossip so its not like me to go on the defence but shame on those who know rumours are unfounded but enjoy them.

I will defend Boozer here though I don't think for one minute he meant any harm or that anyone reading it thought there was any malice intended.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 05:46 PM

The fall out often highlights what people missed...I know I didn't see it until it was further mentioned.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 05:56 PM

I don't even like dates!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I feel like Daniel entering the lions den responding to this but in for a penny

I agree its terrible to be wrongly accused I know that from personal experience what's even worse is when people believe it... people you considered friends and others who are not so much friends but just enjoy the gossip and revel in keeping it going.

I really have no interest in gossip so its not like me to go on the defence but shame on those who know rumours are unfounded but enjoy them.

I will defend Boozer here though I don't think for one minute he meant any harm or that anyone reading it thought there was any malice intended.
I do agree with you, it's his way to tease, whether we like it or not, we should all be used to it by now.

I do think anyone who posts details of their love life on a public forum needs to acknowledge there might well be teasing/fall out.

Short fuses on this forum (mine too I admit, but that's another story)

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top