Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 38,376
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 03:05 PM
21

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will desist from posting anymore on Brexit until the day after we leave next year.

I will return on that day to post my most humble apologies if I have been proved wrong and we have, as promised by the Government, a working Border Control and Immigration System and have concluded all the Trade Deals we have as part of the EU.
Aw just carry on regardless swim. No one should tell anyone else to stop posting. Even if I disagree with you I like to see your side of the topic too.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15,755
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 04:22 PM
22

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will desist from posting anymore on Brexit until the day after we leave next year.

I will return on that day to post my most humble apologies if I have been proved wrong and we have, as promised by the Government, a working Border Control and Immigration System and have concluded all the Trade Deals we have as part of the EU.
We won't have. I'm sure of it!
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 38,376
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 04:51 PM
23

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Day after we leave won't be a time to judge anything, Brexit will only be able to be evaluated years from now, and then won't be able to know what would have happened if we'd stayed in. That's main reason I can't see any point in saying what's going to happen, it's fortune telling, life isn't able to be predicted like that.
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is offline
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,377
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 05:42 PM
24

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Day after we leave won't be a time to judge anything, Brexit will only be able to be evaluated years from now, and then won't be able to know what would have happened if we'd stayed in. That's main reason I can't see any point in saying what's going to happen, it's fortune telling, life isn't able to be predicted like that.
So, along with all the others you had no positive reason to vote leave? Absolutely brilliant.
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 38,376
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 05:52 PM
25

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
So, along with all the others you had no positive reason to vote leave? Absolutely brilliant.
Self rule purwell that was my main reason. I want my grandkids (if I get any) to be able to stand proud as an English person in their own country with their own laws and traditions.

I want to trade with the commonwealth and all around the world as a free entity and be able to welcome who we want to Britain.
Reply With Quote
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is offline
east sussex
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,455
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 06:14 PM
26

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

AS regards paying the EU , why not just send them an IOU letter. That way we need never pay then a penny.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15,755
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 06:43 PM
27

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

I'm more interested in how long the EU will survive after we have left, whenever that may be.
The way our government is going, that won't be for some time yet.
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 640
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 06:59 PM
28

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
So, along with all the others you had no positive reason to vote leave? Absolutely brilliant.
Rather sweeping statement with no sources to back it up. Absolutely typical!
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15,755
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 07:08 PM
29

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Rather sweeping statement with no sources to back it up. Absolutely typical!
That's what he does.
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is offline
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,377
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2018, 07:49 PM
30

Re: Brexit, the Situation.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's what he does.
Mind your own business.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.