Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Heard for the first time this year

A neighbour was out cutting their grass this afternoon,their back garden is well sheltered so the grass would be growing well I suspect,any one else heard or seen any one cutting their lawns/grass?
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Re: Heard for the first time this year

Originally Posted by caricature ->
A neighbour was out cutting their grass this afternoon,their back garden is well sheltered so the grass would be growing well I suspect,any one else heard or seen any one cutting their lawns/grass?
Yesterday my neighbour was doing just that. The smell of freshly cut grass in the air.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:12 AM

The impending cold weather will put a stop to it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:18 AM

I haven't heard grass cutting yet but I've had two huge bumble bees in my garden, they were quite loud!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:32 AM

I did mine on Friday. Only a light cut but it looks much tidier.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:04 PM

It's -6°c outside. The roar of lawnmower engines is not noticeable.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I haven't heard grass cutting yet but I've had two huge bumble bees in my garden, they were quite loud!
Funnily enough, I have seen lots of large bumble bees around in the past week but all on the ground. I suppose they are suffering because of the cold snap.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Funnily enough, I have seen lots of large bumble bees around in the past week but all on the ground. I suppose they are suffering because of the cold snap.

Poor bees.

Might be as well to remember this if you see a bee in trouble:

How do you revive a bumble bee?

To create this energy drink for bees to revive tired bees, The RSPB suggest mixing two tablespoons of white, granulated sugar with one tablespoon of water, and placing the mix on a plate or spoon. Do not add any more water otherwise the bee could drown.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:36 AM

That's interesting Mups I haven't seen any to revive but will keep it in mind .
I wonder if I put sugar in the birds drinking bowls would it stop it freezing up?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top