Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: John Major's astonishing Brexit speech attacking Theresa May in full

The truth is John Major has thrown in his lot with the plotters Blair, Mandelson, Lord Malloch Brown and Clegg in plotting with Europe in an attempt to prevent Brexit.

This sort of talk from a failed Prime Minister who calls for a free vote in Parliament, yet wouldn't allow one over the Maastricht Treaty. A man who presided over the mess when Britain fell out of the ERM. Here is a man who called ministerial colleagues bastards for opposing him and trying to undermine his government, doing the the very same thing that he accused others of All he has are the same old arguments that go round and round again.

It's my belief that there is a definite plot between the formerly mentioned group and Europe to bring about a Brexit failure. Should that happen I can see Britain having some serious problems and civic unrest if not worse.

Much like in a general election it's the empty vessels that make the most noise. I think there are a large number of people who voted for Brexit out there who must be wringing their hands in frustration. They are quiet for the moment but if their vote is not honoured I can see there being real problems.
I am tired of being accused of not knowing what I was voting for, of being ignorant, of being uncaring when all I did was what the Remainers did and voted for what I thought was the right way forward. It's time the Remainers gave it up, I'm pretty sure had the results gone the other way I wouldn't still be protesting I would have accepted the result. In exactly the same way that I did the first time we had a referendum on Europe even though I disagreed with it.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The scumbag 'nasty party' are tearing themselves apart, much like they did over the Maastricht treaty when John Major was Prime Minister.
It really is time you sang a different tune Joe. There is some disagreement in the party, which is only to be expected in a party where different opinions are allowed. Unlike the Labour Party where Jeremy and his friends in Momentum strangle disagreement at birth
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
The truth is John Major has thrown in his lot with the plotters Blair, Mandelson, Lord Malloch Brown and Clegg in plotting with Europe in an attempt to prevent Brexit.

This sort of talk from a failed Prime Minister who calls for a free vote in Parliament, yet wouldn't allow one over the Maastricht Treaty. A man who presided over the mess when Britain fell out of the ERM. Here is a man who called ministerial colleagues bastards for opposing him and trying to undermine his government, doing the the very same thing that he accused others of All he has are the same old arguments that go round and round again.

It's my belief that there is a definite plot between the formerly mentioned group and Europe to bring about a Brexit failure. Should that happen I can see Britain having some serious problems and civic unrest if not worse.

Much like in a general election it's the empty vessels that make the most noise. I think there are a large number of people who voted for Brexit out there who must be wringing their hands in frustration. They are quiet for the moment but if their vote is not honoured I can see there being real problems.
I am tired of being accused of not knowing what I was voting for, of being ignorant, of being uncaring when all I did was what the Remainers did and voted for what I thought was the right way forward. It's time the Remainers gave it up, I'm pretty sure had the results gone the other way I wouldn't still be protesting I would have accepted the result. In exactly the same way that I did the first time we had a referendum on Europe even though I disagreed with it.
YES!

Puts my thoughts into words exactly
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:04 PM

I just hope he's not one of those 'old men' who have accused the 'old folk' of the Brexit voters that we had no idea what we were voting about and there should be another referendum because we are 'old' and will be dead in the next 30 yrs !

So will he !

What an arse he is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
He's talking about leaving. But leaving in a sensible way not an ultra-brexiteer madness way.
It's not ultra brexiteer madness it's what leavers voted for. We had a clear choice we chose. Now tm must make that happen.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:43 PM

There was no referendum on the terms of leaving. It was leave or stay. Nothing about how we leave on the voting slip so anyone saying they voted for this or that deal has a vivid imagination!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There was no referendum on the terms of leaving. It was leave or stay. Nothing about how we leave on the voting slip so anyone saying they voted for this or that deal has a vivid imagination!
Rubbish leave meant leave, we either leave all the bits of the eu or we stay. The choice was made. All this trying to keep one foot in and one foot out is what's causing the delays.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:51 PM

"There will not be another referendum on Europe. This is it"

John Major 29/05/16

That was, of course , when, like the rest of the Establishment, he thought the vote would be to remain
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:52 PM

I always thought John Major to be a rather inconsequential boring man with a voice that grated on me.
I haven't changed my opinion.

He is entitled to his view on leaving the EU as are we all, I can't think that his opinion would influence anyone and I don't see why he or other 'has beens' like Blair keep being given media space to rant on .

A number of people keep saying the Tories are not handling our departure very well but I would like to see anyone else do any better . It is very difficult to negotiate anything when only one side is a willing participant and the others side tries hard to be as difficult and obstructionist as possible.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-03-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I always thought John Major to be a rather inconsequential boring man with a voice that grated on me.
I haven't changed my opinion.

He is entitled to his view on leaving the EU as are we all, I can't think that his opinion would influence anyone and I don't see why he or other 'has beens' like Blair keep being given media space to rant on .

A number of people keep saying the Tories are not handling our departure very well but I would like to see anyone else do any better . It is very difficult to negotiate anything when only one side is a willing participant and the others side tries hard to be as difficult and obstructionist as possible.
Vey true especially when one side is trying to empire build as Eu is doing.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top