Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 03:53 PM

We were lied to! Secret Document Shows Why!

A secret document FCO 30/1048 kept the truth from the British public for 30 years.

A secret document, which remained locked away for 30 years, advised the British Government to COVER UP the realities of EU membership so that by the time the public realised what was happening, it would be too late.

Almost all of the shocking predictions - including the loss of British sovereignty, to monetary union - and the over-arching powers of the European courts - have come true.

But damningly for Tory Prime Minister Edward Heath, and all those others who kept quiet about it during the 1970's, the document known as FCO 30/1048, was locked away under Official Secrets Act for almost five decades.

The secret paper, dated April 1971, suggested the Government keep the public in the dark about what EEC membership means, predicting that it would take 30 years for the voters to realise what was happening and by then it would be too late to leave.

That last detail was the only thing this disgraceful paper - prepared for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) - got wrong!.

The unknown author - a senior civil servant, correctly predicted the then European Economic Community (the EEC effectively became the EU in 1993) was headed for economic, monetary and fiscal union, with a common and defence policy, which would constitute the greatest surrender of Britain's sovereignty since the year 1066.

He went on to say "Community Law" would take precedence over our own courts and that ever more power would pass away from our own Parliament to the bureaucratic system centred in Brussels.

The author even actually asserts that the increased role of Brussels in the lives of the British people would lead to "popular feeling of alienation of Government".

But shockingly politicians were advised "not to exacerbate public concerns by attributing unpopular measures.....to the remote and unmanageable workings of the community. They were told to preserve the impression that the British Government was still calling the shots - rather than an unelected body of foreign politicians - and that the ruse would last "for this century at least" - by which time Britain would be so completely chained to Brussels it would be impossible to leave.

Document FCO30/1048 which has now been de-classified under the 30-year rule, still shocks and angers Brexiteers.

Annabelle Sanders, a Brexit expert and former advisor to Nigel Farage, said: "Despite all the claims from politicians of many parties that the EU was not about becoming a central state, this 1971 document shows that is exactly what the plan was. "Arch Remoaners from Labour, Lib Dems and Tories need to check this out and then ask themselves why they want to be MP's if they don't actually want Westminster to be in charge of this country? "

"We voted to leave. What we need now is a proper clean break from Brussels so we can once again become a soveriegn nation with money being spent in this country on services we need, and have Parliament and the courts making and ruling on the laws."

The writer and journalist Christopher Booker, one of the founders of the satirical magazine, Private Eye, said: "Here was a civil servant advising that our politicians should connive in concealing what Heath was letting us in for, not least in hiding the extent to which Britain would no longer be a democratic country but one essentially governed by unelected and unaccountable officials".

"One way of creating an illusion that this was still democratic, this anonymous mandarin suggested, would be to give people the chance to vote for representatives at European Regional and Local levels.

"A few years later we saw the creation of an elected European Parliament, as we see today, a craze for introducing elected mayors, as meaningless local figureheads."

The Pro-Europe Sir Edward Heath, was leader of the Conservative Party from 1965 to 1975.**

He died in 2005.

Well, there we have it. Conniving Bstrds!! It looks as though even 40 odd years later, many of our politicians continue to be puppets Well, it's not too late to leave, and the sooner the better. I truly believe that if there is any politician or civil servant still alive today and who played any part in this deceit, they should be brought forward and questioned at a Public Enquiry. How many of these treacherous fools are sitting on their backsides in the House of Lords!!

At least now we know why this secret paper was locked away for 30 years, and no wonder that creep, Tony Bliar, redefined the Treason Act!!

They should be hauled up for Treason, no less.

I wonder if those two EU lovers, Bliar or Clegg would be willing to discuss the above on tv or radio????

What say you?
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:24 PM

Re: We were lied to! Secret Document Shows Why!

Old news, this document was released in 2001, has been in the public domain ever since and is now being used by Brexiteers to whip up anti EU sentiment and throw out their usual over the top accusations of treason at anyone who points out what a mistake BREXIT is. I notice you quote the article verbatim from the Daily Express without accrediting.

It's an unknown civil servant's 40 year old predictions of hazards he thought might happen. So what?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:37 PM

I am waiting for the x-file papers to be released saying aliens have visited the earth.

OH maybe the previous post by
Shropshiregirl says just that, about politicians back then.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Old news, this document was released in 2001, has been in the public domain ever since and is now being used by Brexiteers to whip up anti EU sentiment and throw out their usual over the top accusations of treason at anyone who points out what a mistake BREXIT is. I notice you quote the article verbatim from the Daily Express without accrediting.

It's an unknown civil servant's 40 year old predictions of hazards he thought might happen. So what?
Who was he ? Someone who had access to other secret documentation that laid out the processes and projected results, or a modern day Prophet of doom and gloom ? Because he sure got it right. So the proof of the pudding is in front of our very eyes.

I'm pleased you posted this Shropshire girl. Not having seen it before it opens eyes to the devious routes that politicians and others take , as to how the final outcomes are carefully hidden .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Nothing surprises me anymore
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Me neither .
I voted against entering the EU all those years ago .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:22 PM

I wasn't old enough to vote for or against all those years ago. But I do know the history of the dire economic situation Britain was in at the time. Joining the EEC made a huge amount of sense at that time. It helped us grow and become wealthy and developed. I certainly remember what life was like as a child. We had limited goods in the shops compared to the 80s and after, we had a sleepy economy and not much dynamism. People were leaving to go abroad to places like Saudi so they could earn decent money because tax was prohibitive and nobody had any money. I seem to recall we were part of the ERM before joining. We left that, we didn't join the Euro, we didn't join schengen, we had an arrangement of "EU-lite". Membership of the EEC helped us on the path to realising our potential as a global economy.

European Unity has quite transparently been a move towards the "new world order". Increased integration, collaboration, unity and world peace. Leading to shared currencies, shared political ideals, shared wealth, shared economies, shared freedom. It was driven by people like Kennedy and was lauded by the US. It's not been a secret that the US had such a plan for Europe so that never again would the area be torn up by brutal wars. Others in the US had plans to ensure that the whole world was included so they went off trying to stop various regimes from functioning.

So maybe people who voted for the EEC all those years ago were not informed of the bigger picture.....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Wow! and Gosh! and......seems like my sense of smell has served me well because I always thought something about the EU and our political elite has never smelled quite right!

Always trust yer instincts, I say !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:17 PM

Funny because I feel the same about Brexit and the political elite....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:29 PM

Absolutely Moscow.....
There's a good reason why most older people voted to exit the EU, because they have grown up with it and seen it develop from being a 'Good Idea' to the all consuming and expensive monster it has turned out to be with it's tentacles reaching into everyday life. And it turns out it was intended all along.
The remainers believed that the brexiteers voted just on the immigration issue, but for most voters I spoke to, could see that it is an undemocratic layer of bureaucracy that should not be necessary in order to trade with our European neighbours. And to all those remainers who think that we voted to exit Europe, on the contrary, we voted to exit the EU not Europe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top