Join for free
Reply
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 844
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 06:30 PM
1

Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

We've already seen 3 old wizened ex PMs pointing their torpedoes at Brexit.

We're now into the next phase which is the Wise Businessmen who are lining up to tell us how stupid we all are and that the only way forward is to back out our leaving plan and stay in - some even suggesting we go through Referendum number 2 (no pun intended).

You'll be hearing from one of these at least once a week and that will intensify as the end draws nearer - possibly to 2 a day?

You will hear them first in one of those papers which are so popular that they have to ask you to "send us a quid" to help them survive.(Guardian, Independent?)

Some of the speakers are flying in from the the Bahamas, and other places, to demonstrate their loyalty to the public.

There's a prize for naming each one, in this topic, until we've seen them all.

Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13,376
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 06:45 PM
2

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
We've already seen 3 old wizened ex PMs pointing their torpedoes at Brexit.

We're now into the next phase which is the Wise Businessmen who are lining up to tell us how stupid we all are and that the only way forward is to back out our leaving plan and stay in - some even suggesting we go through Referendum number 2 (no pun intended).

You'll be hearing from one of these at least once a week and that will intensify as the end draws nearer - possibly to 2 a day?

You will hear them first in one of those papers which are so popular that they have to ask you to "send us a quid" to help them survive.(Guardian, Independent?)

Some of the speakers are flying in from the the Bahamas, and other places, to demonstrate their loyalty to the public.

There's a prize for naming each one, in this topic, until we've seen them all.

Hi

We had a Referendum.

I voted leave.

I still believe that my vote was the correct one.

However that does not stop me complaining about the utterly appalling way Brexit has been managed by our Government.

We are being held to ransom by Ireland.

We are a Sovereign Nation,tell Ireland to get lost.

We hold all the cards on that one, use them.

Ireland are playing Hard Ball hiding behind the EU.

Call their bluff.

We end the Common Travel Area.

We stop their Exports travelling across the UK to the EU.

They can take the long way round, Containers.

They simply do not have the facilities to do this,so tough.

I am fed up of the tail wagging the dog.

Time to show we mean Business.
Reply With Quote
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is offline
east sussex
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,455
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 08:22 PM
3

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Oh the Irish issue is only going on "to be sure, to be sure,to be sure"
Don't forget the Irish have not brought out their secret weapon yet. Stopping the export of GUINNESS
Reply With Quote
galty's Avatar
galty
Senior Member
galty is offline
rainham essex
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,725
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 08:36 PM
4

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We had a Referendum.

I voted leave.

I still believe that my vote was the correct one.

However that does not stop me complaining about the utterly appalling way Brexit has been managed by our Government.

We are being held to ransom by Ireland.

We are a Sovereign Nation,tell Ireland to get lost.

We hold all the cards on that one, use them.

Ireland are playing Hard Ball hiding behind the EU.

Call their bluff.

We end the Common Travel Area.

We stop their Exports travelling across the UK to the EU.

They can take the long way round, Containers.

They simply do not have the facilities to do this,so tough.

I am fed up of the tail wagging the dog.

Time to show we mean Business.
Very good post.

What the EU seems to forget that we have a water boarder between Ireland.
Reply With Quote
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 844
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 09:34 PM
5

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oh the Irish issue is only going on "to be sure, to be sure,to be sure"
Don't forget the Irish have not brought out their secret weapon yet. Stopping the export of GUINNESS
Wasn't Guiness originally "Porter" from London?

Reply With Quote
Last Tango's Avatar
Last Tango
Senior Member
Last Tango is offline
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 152
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-03-2018, 09:41 PM
6

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Well stated, SF - you have hit the nail on the head!
Reply With Quote
zuludog
Senior Member
zuludog is offline
N E Lancashire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 897
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-03-2018, 09:45 AM
7

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

I can't remember the exact words, but in her recent speech about Brexit TM used expressions along the lines of 'compromise' and 'not everyone will get everything they want
My alarm bells went off. This sounds to me like politician speak for 'we're not going to do what we were told to do'
My guess is that at the least they will sell out British fishermen, and let the whole process drag on so that people will not notice other capitulations either

One of the problems we have about Brexit (and other matters) is that we now have just about the weakest and most inept government we've had in ages
Though to be fair this is not helped by the constant whingeing & whining by the Remoaners which the BBC and the rest of the MSM are happy to publicise
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is online now
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 15,002
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-03-2018, 12:41 PM
8

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
i can't remember the exact words, but in her recent speech about brexit tm used expressions along the lines of 'compromise' and 'not everyone will get everything they want
my alarm bells went off. This sounds to me like politician speak for 'we're not going to do what we were told to do'
my guess is that at the least they will sell out british fishermen, and let the whole process drag on so that people will not notice other capitulations either

one of the problems we have about brexit (and other matters) is that we now have just about the weakest and most inept government we've had in ages
though to be fair this is not helped by the constant whingeing & whining by the remoaners which the bbc and the rest of the msm are happy to publicise
Reply With Quote
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 844
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-03-2018, 02:43 PM
9

Re: Spot the Brexit Torpedo Gunners

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
My guess is that at the least they will sell out British fishermen, and let the whole process drag on so that people will not notice other capitulations either
I think I just heard, on the Radio, that the EU says they might be willing to share our fishing rights with them.....must wait 'till I hear it again!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.