Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Re: Trust

There are certain people on here who I would trust even though I have never met them and a few I definitely would not. What we should all remember is that any genuine person on a forum would not be asking for financial help or be willing to accept it if it was offered.

I also agree with Mesco that one sure way to attract fraudsters is to boast about your wealth. Apart from making one's self a target, it's also not pretty.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really, so it is ok with you to deceive people online then is it
not in my book it isn't, a liar is a liar online or off...
Yes, it is ok for me to deceive who I want Meg...

..and please stop chasing me around like a dog after a bone...this is the second time in 10 minutes........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Pretty sure that's not what she meant.

I think she meant she doesn't get close enough to people online for it to matter whether they're truthful or not.

Much the same as me. I couldn't care less who is truthful and who is a complete fantasist. It's a forum.
Thank you Nicol.......you knew what I meant....But, unfortunately Meg is not happy unless she is "putting me in my place"..............this has been going in since I joined over50.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

28-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There are certain people on here who I would trust even though I have never met them and a few I definitely would not. What we should all remember is that any genuine person on a forum would not be asking for financial help or be willing to accept it if it was offered.

I also agree with Mesco that one sure way to attract fraudsters is to boast about your wealth. Apart from making one's self a target, it's also not pretty.
Good post Longdogs....

I would never in a million years, think of asking anyone for money on a forum or in real life. It is just unthinkable. Nor would I ever fall for a scam.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by rehab44 ->
greetings, wonderful reader,
i am okibongo bongo calling you from nigeria, peace and blessings on your name, may your camels be bountiful and you bear many sons.
I am calling your most gentle and loving soul because i know a discerning person like yourself would appreciate this offer. I have the deeds to a small london bridge which need to pass on to you in your beautiful country.
If you could send me your address, bank details, ni number and your inside leg measurement it would facilitate this transaction
may the great sky pixie (peace and blessings on his name) look down on you with favour....
Kind regards
oki

sent by me from a waiting room in city hospital,... Bored shitless
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is true. The late John Peel interviewed for me his Saturday morning programme in the early part of this century, I recounted my story, warning folk they should not trust those they had only encountered on-line.
This is a while back in this thread, and I'm pretty sure by now that Tarantula has me on her ignore list (can't understand why?), but why would John peel be interviewing you on the radio?
I'm starting to think that this woman is or was quite famous in her day....
I'm not impressed by her snooty, uppity persona, but she certainly is interesting. I'll give her that.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha!
Well done for fessing up Long..er Mediocrefellow
How d'ya know he's not SmallFellow teehee
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
How d'ya know he's not SmallFellow teehee
I didn't want to be presumptuous!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:53 PM

I've not been around here long enough to suspect anyone of lying or stretching the truth but I sure wish I knew who everyone is thinking it is LOL.

I have in my younger years been a little too trusting, I learned the hard way and it is only as I got bitten that I no longer trust people as easily as I used to. I'm not sure I would give someone money who I didn't know if they had a sob story but I think it would pull on my heartstrings just in case it was true. I've never been in that position though so I don't know if I can comment really

Sorry you got burned Tara
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:54 PM

I am not as trusting now as I use to be on the net. Have had a few bad encounters over the years but on the whole...I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt...but once bitten, twice shy...

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top