Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 11:50 AM

Re: Anti-barking device for a dog

Just had a thought if any of these things actually work floyydy most of us with barkers would be using them because believe me having a barking dog isn't much fun they do drive us barmy too.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 12:31 PM

Get a Super Soaker Gun, it might quiet it down, the only thing is you'll have to watch you don't soak the neighbour
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 02:44 PM

Great replies, thank folks. There's plenty of ideas here and the first one will be talking to my neighbour and suggesting he gets it trained properly, otherwise we will not be very happy in the summer months putting up with it. I will also get a whistle and if the the thing gets out of hand, we will be blowing it in the middle of the night. Great idea!
Cheers all
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 03:10 PM

Floydy, I agree with what Sue said above, a good soak each and every time will do the trick. Actually a pail of water right smack dab in the face works even better. A friend trained her dog that way. After a couple of soaks the dog shut up at just the sight of the pail.

I sympathize, I have the one downstairs which unfortunate for me belongs to my landlord....I am moving soon, 20 days and counting.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 03:15 PM

Give him the address of the local puppy training classes! I can't understand why barking dogs don't get on their owners pickle!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Give him the address of the local puppy training classes! I can't understand why barking dogs don't get on their owners pickle!
I think they do usually, which is why I sympathise with anyone with a barky dog, we really don't want to be a nuisance but often the problem is not caused by us in the first place.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
A bullet between the eyes is pretty effective and humaine. If it doesn't work shoot the dog as well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have a fiendish plot, I am buying a dog whistle, hopefully blowing it will start this dog off, if it does I will do it at night when the family are trying to relax or sleep.
Now that appeals to me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Floydy, why is the dog barking so much in the first place?

Is he just excited and playing, or is he barking for attention, or is he left all day?
There must be a reason. But like I said in my earlier post, it's a bad habit to let him get into.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Floydy, why is the dog barking so much in the first place?

Is he just excited and playing, or is he barking for attention, or is he left all day?
There must be a reason. But like I said in my earlier post, it's a bad habit to let him get into.
Hi Mups.
It's when the dog is outside. Every time we open the door or a window or even open the blinds it starts the thing off yapping. It will hear us walking around the garden, putting the washing out etc and the awful scruffy mutt won't shut up! I'm dreading the summer sitting outside when I just want to read a book or lie on a sunlounger. I work nights and see hardly any sun as it is.

Something will have to be done very soon because I fear me getting rather unpleasant towards my neighbour and I don't want that to happen.

My neighbour the other side has a British bulldog and it's the most wonderful dog you could imagine. Never speaks at all!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top