Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:30 PM

I spent 4k on a watch

A Tag Heuer Monaco.

I was in the shopping mall and spotted this in a jewellers window. Call me mad, but I had to have it.

I have other watches but much lesser pieces - the most expensive being around £500. I'm going to sell a few of these.

It's not the money, really, just that I have cancer and needed to cheer myself up - I may never have got to experience such a nice watch.

It's the same one Steve McQueen wore in Le Mans and the same watch that features in Breaking Bad.

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:32 PM

Re: I spent 4k on a watch

It was actually £3958.50 after some store haggling. RRP is £4350. The strap is dark blue so goes with the face.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:32 PM

Spoil yourself Dreamy - Why not.
If it makes you happy, then I am all for it.
Glad you were able to go out and spoil yourself, that makes me happy also.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Wow!
That is quite some watch!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:35 PM

its a fabulous watch, I can see the appeal. I'm sorry about cancer, you certainly deserve to spoil yourself. Is your cancer treatable? I do hope so.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Can't seem to post the photos all in one thread.

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
its a fabulous watch, I can see the appeal. I'm sorry about cancer, you certainly deserve to spoil yourself. Is your cancer treatable? I do hope so.
It's incurable but treatable - this means tumours could pop up at any time and I'll probably be wedded to the hospital for some time...but I've felt better these past two days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Wow mate, that's a lot of dosh shelled out there, but it's a lovely watch.
Good on you for splashing out and cheering yourself up, nothing wrong with that.

Then again, you could have bought 1000 albums for that on Ebay!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's incurable but treatable - this means tumours could pop up at any time and I'll probably be wedded to the hospital for some time...but I've felt better these past two days.
I'm so sorry it's incurable. I'm very glad to hear you have been feeling better this last couple of days, whilst I know it's easy for me to say but I do hope you can somehow try keep positive, positive, mental attitude I believe helps a lot. I guess it's best to take one day a time and try live as normal a life as possible. God Bless you, I will keep you in my prayers xxxx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-04-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wow mate, that's a lot of dosh shelled out there, but it's a lovely watch.
Good on you for splashing out and cheering yourself up, nothing wrong with that.

Then again, you could have bought 1000 albums for that on Ebay!
I know - it's a hell of a lot of money for just one thing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top