Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 01:51 PM

Re: Would you accept Camilla Parker Bowles..

Always room for another one mate.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 02:18 PM

Oh jolly hockey sticks she's a good egg.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well we may yet have to eat our harsh words...

Monday ITV 9pm The Real Camilla

Gentle yet revealing portrait of Britain's future Queen Consort allows us to peek into the life of a woman who is relatively little known, considering she was at the eye of the storm that rocked the monarchy.
Camilla seems a good egg with a kind heart, and is clearly adored by her husband...
She's easy and relaxed around people, and the best listener in town...

I will watch with an open mind.
Will you?
I'm sure old Paul Burrell will be mincing along soon to tell the truth about her.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:06 AM

People don't want her to be Queen because it would be rewarding the adultery
That caused so much distress to Diana who had the right to expect the exclusive love of her husband .
That is not ever going to be erased .
He will make her Queen so what we don't have to like her .
It's an archaic system anyway .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Send the pair of Them touring around the Commonwealth for the next 20 yrs...Make 'em earn Their grub.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That caused so much distress to Diana who had the right to expect the exclusive love of her husband .
I agree. I am sure that Charlie and the Dog will never have the public support that the Queen and Phil the Greek have.

It is undoubtedly an archaic system, as is the House of Lards. However, whereas I strongly feel that the latter should be abolished and replaced by a much smaller elected body, the former has, I feel, been very beneficial to this country.

I'm not talking about all the hangers-on; they should get a job pay their way. But the monarch and the next in line to the throne and their immediate family should be retained. They act as ambassadors to the world, which all countries have, though for some reason the Queen is far more highly regarded than all the common or garden ambassadors.

Then, of course, there is the tourism that the Queen attracts here. I wouldn't be surprised if the money made from that should exceed what she costs us.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. I am sure that Charlie and the Dog will never have the public support that the Queen and Phil the Greek have.

It is undoubtedly an archaic system, as is the House of Lards. However, whereas I strongly feel that the latter should be abolished and replaced by a much smaller elected body, the former has, I feel, been very beneficial to this country.

I'm not talking about all the hangers-on; they should get a job pay their way. But the monarch and the next in line to the throne and their immediate family should be retained. They act as ambassadors to the world, which all countries have, though for some reason the Queen is far more highly regarded than all the common or garden ambassadors.

Then, of course, there is the tourism that the Queen attracts here. I wouldn't be surprised if the money made from that should exceed what she costs us.

I also agree with what both of you said. You both said what I feel.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:05 AM

Mommy wants boy to be head of the Commonwealth.
I wonder what the outcome will be for him if the heads of the Commonwealth decide that they don’t want him?
I don’t like Janet Street Porter but she has some good points..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...monwealth.html

I think that if he is made Head of the Commmonwealth with his dodgy politics it would hasten the breakup and his demise as potential King
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Rehab44;1399320]Mommy wants boy to be head of the Commonwealth.
I wonder what the outcome will be for him if the heads of the Commonwealth decide that they don’t want him?
I don’t like Janet Street Porter but she has some good points..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...monwealth.html

I think that if he is made Head of the Commmonwealth with his dodgy politics it would hasten the breakup and his demise as potential King[/QUOTE]

Ahhh but have you thought, could that be Mrs Windsor's cunning and devious plot to stop Charlie the turd from becoming King.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

20-04-2018, 11:14 AM

Now that’s devious

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top