Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:26 AM

Re: Mr Lawrence forgives his Sons killers.

If anyone murdered my child hell would freeze over before I forgave them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:43 AM

I'm not sure that the concept of forgiveness is actually possible, for to do so would be to admit that the consequences of the action hadn't mattered, and so if that were the case there would be nothing to forgive anyway.....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've found great peace in forgiving my parents and my nieces rapist, I'd be a bitter woman if I allowed them to affect me still. I think the root to happiness is forgiveness really.
If it works for you fine, it wouldn't work for me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm not sure that the concept of forgiveness is actually possible, for to do so would be to admit that the consequences of the action hadn't mattered, and so if that were the case there would be nothing to forgive anyway.....
A very deep thought Barry, but I do understand what you mean.
I think we all go through a mixture of emotions when somebody we love is killed. There is shock, then grief, followed be a desire for revenge and a feeling of hatred, but over time those emotions subside and you have to find a way to carry on living your life.
If the Lawrences can forgive, I applaud them, because I am sure they relive the horror of their son's death every time they hear about another young person who has been killed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 01:15 PM

No that's not it at all Barry, I will never accept what happened didn't matter, what I do know is holding onto anger wasn't making me a happy person, so I forgave but I'll never forget.

I see many bitter people and that's not what I wanted to become. Most actions have reasons they happened, my parents were addicts and my mums mental health was awful. These days they would remove kids from a home like that but we were saved by my grandparents. It took years to forgive I think I was about 35 I could see my hatred affecting my life more than it did theirs.

You have to make a decision to either let them keep affecting you or find a way to forgive and move forward lighter and happier with your own life.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 02:00 PM

I understand that we have to move on with our lives after a terrible event by the actions of others, but I don't believe we can truly forgive someone for inflicting terrible pain on ourselves or our loved ones particularly when the perpetrators show no genuine remorse. The hatred may be put to the back of your mind but in truth it never really goes away.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 02:14 PM

I understand that we have to move on with our lives after a terrible event by the actions of others, but I don't believe we can truly forgive someone for inflicting terrible pain on ourselves or our loved ones particularly when the perpetrators show no genuine remorse. The hatred may be put to the back of your mind but in truth it never really goes away.
I think that you are right and maybe forgive is the wrong word. We can accept what has happened, because nothing can change it, but I don't believe that anybody can say they don't wish the perpetrator to be punished for what they have done, when their loved one has been killed.
Sadly the Lawrence's have never seen anybody punished for killing their son. and have just given up hope of justice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 02:17 PM

Hi

I can forgive things that have happened to me.

I could not forgive anyone who caused harm to my lady or my kids.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

16-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sadly the Lawrence's have never seen anybody punished for killing their son. and have just given up hope of justice.
I believe two men are serving life for the murder, but several others have got away with it...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top