Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:20 PM

Seven Waterfalls Walk!

Well ... I am back and more or less in one piece. Someone seems to have unscrewed my knees and put them back on the wrong legs and there is a huge bruise on my bottom - apart from that I am fine!

This has to be one of my favourite walks - and I am not sure how many more times I will be able to do it - so I never refuse an invitation. It is between 6 and 7 miles depending which route you choose - begins and ends in Goathland - takes in Beckhole, Darnholm, Scar Wood etc., and ends back at the magnificent Mallyan Spout. There is a bit of a climb involved, places where you have to cross becks by rocks in the water and a very scary path down into Beck Hole. Scary enough in dry weather - today, after all the rain we have had had, it resulted in a bruised bottom and definite loss of dignity but - hey - I was the first one down!

Most of my 'walking' friends are between 10 to 15 years younger than me and tend to forget my age - mind you, so do I - most of the time. It was good to have a warm, scented bath, a big bowl of chilli chicken and a large glass of red.

I'll probably suffer for it tomorrow - but it was just such fun - and, to quote Scarlet O'Hara, tomorrow is another day !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Re: Seven Waterfalls Walk!

sounds great ST and glad you enjoyed it, good for you keeping up with your younger friends. Hope you aren't aching too much tomorrow xxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:28 PM

Impressive stuff Silver Tabby.....Sounds like a good walk, but did you have to pay to go through the pub to get to the Mallyan Spout?...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Impressive stuff Silver Tabby.....Sounds like a good walk, but did you have to pay to go through the pub to get to the Mallyan Spout?...
No - Mallyan Spout is the last of the seven waterfalls so we followed the waterway and reached there before we came to the pub - then just came up the the track at the side - I did have to pay for the Guinness when we reached the pub though.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:21 AM

Sounds like a good stretch of the legs, the climb would defeat me these days but i do miss a good walk.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

17-04-2018, 09:59 AM

It was magic, Nom, pure magic - in spite of my muddy tumble! Because of all the recent rain the falls were all in full spate and very beautiful. We tend to walk as quietly as possible - no unnecessary chatter - so we saw squirrels, pheasants, rabbits, even a few early butterflies - and the bird song was lovely. Just to stand in Scar Wood and breathe in good 'green' air was well worth the walk.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:21 AM

A long walk, you must be in great shape Tabby, you must walk on a regular basis.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

17-04-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
A long walk, you must be in great shape Tabby, you must walk on a regular basis.
I try to walk at least 2miles each day, Adanac, just to keep my circulation up to scratch.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Good for you Tabby, I have always been a walker too. Not so much here as it is all concrete but looking forward to next month when it will be walks in the woods like you did.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

17-04-2018, 11:48 AM

There is something very special about walking in woodland - I love it!

Best time was once, a long time ago, on All Hallow's Eve I went walking in Sylpho Forest at midnight. There was a clear full moon that made everything look quite spooky - but it was a dare - so I had to do it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top