Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Re: When You Stay In A Hotel, What Do You Keep?

Yes to toiletries, tea, coffee and milk, pen, pad, paper, slippers, no to everything else.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:10 PM

I have to confess that I do take the little sewing packs... how many times does a button come off when you are travelling, and they are such handy little things for an emergency!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have to confess that I do take the little sewing packs... how many times does a button come off when you are travelling, and they are such handy little things for an emergency!
Yes, they are very useful! Twink... but even better if they include one of these, shown below...

I don’t know how l’d manage without my needle threader!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2306FDD3-F9EF-43B1-8334-9F42D4F12F1C.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5749  
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:49 PM

I think it's acceptable to take any of the complimentary 'single use' type consumables the hotel provides you with, as part of your room hire, such as toiletries, stationery, hospitality tray consumables, shoe shine cloths, sewing kits, slippers - they are provided for your use and hotel managers don't consider it as theft - they are happy for you to use them or take them to use later.

I don't take stuff very often and only if I have a particular use for it, like a packet of biscuits to nibble during my onward journey or a few toiletries if I'm heading off to another hotel where toiletries may not be provided - I often did that when we were backpacking and staying mostly in basic budget hotels, with an occasional splurge of a night in 5 star luxury.

Also, if I have already opened and partially used something, like a toiletry bottle or sewing kit or pair of slippers, it seems such a waste not to pop it in my case to use again, when you know it will otherwise be thrown away.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, they are very useful! Twink... but even better if they include one of these, shown below...

I don’t know how l’d manage without my needle threader!!
Well I know I can't ! It is one of the first things that goes in my emergency kit, when I go on holiday!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Sofas, a mini fridge, carpets, chandeliers, double glazed windows, taps, wiring, wallpaper... I've had the lot. Never bothered with the soap though, that's just petty.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sofas, a mini fridge, carpets, chandeliers, double glazed windows, taps, wiring, wallpaper... I've had the lot. Never bothered with the soap though, that's just petty.

I did hear through the grapevine, that Rehab took the chamber maid
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 02:39 PM

Never taken anything at all. The toiletries are a no, no for me I always take my own, including shower cap. No use putting myself at risk of an eczema flare up. I also neither need nor want any of the other stuff. I prefer my own.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 02:42 PM

Why do people wear a shower cap? I like to wash my hair daily.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Sorry. Inadvertently told a lie. 🙊 I did take a toothbrush from a hotel room in Dubia. It was one of those fold up ones, new of course in a cellophane packet. I used it on the flight from Dubia to Australia, I had forgotten to pack mine in my hand luggage.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top