Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Re: Having to take an item back to the store

Yes, it's like having a brand new set (well they are) - these newer ones are also smaller and have better sound quality.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, it's like having a brand new set - these newer ones are also smaller and have better sound quality.
Wow, that is great Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:37 PM

I'm going to spend a couple of hours with them this evening listening to some favourite tunes. Presently they are charging.

I don't lack for headphones/earphones but these are the only ones comfortable and light enough to wear in bed.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm going to spend a couple of hours with them this evening listening to some favourite tunes. Presently they are charging.

I don't lack for headphones/earphones but these are the only ones comfortable and light enough to wear in bed.
Well enjoy them Dreamy
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:08 PM

Not exactly 'taking an item back to the store', as carrying an American-style fridge-freezer back to a store would be rather difficult.

Some years ago we bought a Samsung fridge-freezer from Argos. It was fine until, not long after the warranty had expired, problems arose: severe icing up, and it was listed as 'frost free'.

Searching online, I discovered that there was a design fault in the model involving a sensor. Several sources claimed that this should be replaced by the manufacturer free of charge, since not only was it a common design fault but also a replacement kit had been produced by the manufacturer.

Consequently, I contacted Samsung who denied all responsibility for the matter.

I next called Argos whose attitude was the complete opposite. They agreed to pay for a specified company to replace the sensor, an interior panel and some associated connections free of charge.

This was done, and the thing has performed perfectly since.

As far as I know it still is, although since we had a new kitchen fitted (including a smaller fridge-freezer), we passed on the Samsung fridge-freezer to a relative of my wife.

I suppose that, although they say that any complaints should be made to the retailer rather than the manufacturer, if a product has a known design fault the manufacturer should act. I don't know, but I hope that Argos made a claim against Samsung.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-04-2018, 06:10 PM

I think this was the first time I ever had to return anything to Argos and they were very good - I was in and out of there in 10 minutes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top