Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday

good morning kiddiwinks

Sometime this week the bathroom company are supposed to be sending someone around to have a look at the en-suite refurb. we are having done next week. The company is so busy they are fully booked until the end of July. Yes a big job, the walls at the moment are double tiled , the toilet cistern won't stop flushing the Tardis (see below) is coming out. Completely new ceiling and heated towel rail re-sited as will be the lighting and switch. Floor up to lay new pipes for towel rail and shower waste. so a big job plus new wall tiles.

AS we are off on holiday in the near future I am trying to tell my legs they have to move more, walking is not my strong point when we have vehicles to do the job. it is not so much the legs that ache more the lower back.

Sue is splashing out spending on a new ironing board, the one she uses at the moment is held together with string, she hates spending money ,that's obvious, also some paint for the ensuite when it has been completed

the Tardis

even Captain Kirk of the star ship Enterprise would struggle with what does what , nothing works apart from overhead shower, the control knob was seized up before we came

So the heated towel rail is going on the wall opposite the door, all the existing tiles are on top of previous ones so all that is coming out. and the new shower unit is just going to be sliding glass door/fixed panel one on the left from the door frame to the back wall and the shower head unit on the door wall on the left..
Who wants a radio while having a shower? the previous owners did
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:10 AM

Morning all, well I was hoping for this promised sunshine today and tomorrow but it hasn't arrived yet, its quite dull outside just now. I've just read its to be nice tomorrow and some sun/cloud on Friday then flipping rain all weekend, I'm so fed up of miserable weather and need some brightness.

Just got ready for work so I'm heading out in a few minutes, I'm hoping it's brightened up by the time I get out of work at 2pm. After work I'm going to visit an old friend for a coffee and a catch up then i'll go to my Dads. This evening my friend and I are talking of going to the pictures but we'll see.

I'm over the moon, another of my friends has agreed to go to London with me to see Les Miserables which I am so yearning to see. We'll be going in June for an overnight stay, I'm so excited.

wow realspeed, what a fabulous shower, I'd love one like that instead of my rubbish over bath shower.

Have a good day everyone x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good morning everybody.

I've been up an hour already!!
This has been insomnia at it's worst. I've not had a wink - just lay there for five hours waiting for sleep to come...

I don't know how I'm going to get through the day. It's Tony's birthday and family will be calling at different times. There's someone from the council coming to see us about a housing grant we've applied for a new bathroom. Thought it worth a try as Tony is classed disabled.

Out for a meal tonight with our friends.

Don't think I shall even be able to get a nap..

Have a good day all.
Morning Carol, sorry to hear about your insomnia, its horrible when we can't sleep. Just wondered if you had tried magnesium to help you sleep, you can buy it in a spray from Holland and Barrett. Just an idea. Hope you can catch up on your sleep tonight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:17 AM

Good morning everyone the sun is trying to get through, I am daring to hope it might actually be fine for the big party at my sons house on Saturday with 100 people.
It will be mostly outside and guests will have to park on the paddock which will be a nightmare if it is wet.

I am off to have my hair cut then hope to do some work in the garden.

Enjoy your day
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Supposed to be warm here today so off to the coast in the hope of some Dolphin activity.

Ooh, you are lucky if you see them Nom, I'd love to see them free and natural like that.
Can I come? Promise I won't keep nattering in yer ear.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:37 PM

Lion Queen
it would be if it all worked but most is seized up
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 02:24 PM

I hope you all have a lovely day and that Tony has a happy birthday, Carol. Are you getting some relief from your injection?

It sounds like the weather is improving for gardening, and as we are finally past ant freeze potential, I am off to find a miniature palm for the front of the house.

Nom, we are celebrating that the number of pods and dolphins in them are finally back to normal after the BP oil spill. It's been a long recovery for them. On the gulf side they are swimming by around ten each morning looking for Cobia, and they head back towards the bay just before sunset. On the river side they are fishing, mating and soon to have their babies after a long, nearly a year, gestation.

I hope you come across them in good numbers today and get some good photos.

Have a good time being out and about everyone!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top