Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 07:43 PM

Re: Aeroplane horror

Amazing feat from the female pilot, a former top gun in military. Recording from plane she gave clear account of what had happened, it was the air traffic controller who seemed incredulous about what he was hearing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Amazing feat from the female pilot, a former top gun in military.
This was Tammi in 1993:

I think I prefer her to Tom Cruise .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Amazing feat from the female pilot, a former top gun in military. Recording from plane she gave clear account of what had happened, it was the air traffic controller who seemed incredulous about what he was hearing.
I agree. She kept very calm and there was no panic in her voice.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
This was Tammi in 1993:

I think I prefer her to Tom Cruise .....
Me too...she is taller for a start
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 08:57 PM

Bravery all round .
The poor woman what a horrendous end .
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:52 PM

What a sad story poor woman, you only see things like this on films not in real life.. I haven't flown for 17 years and don't intend to ever again.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 05:03 AM

This accident has been difficult for so many Southwest employees. After flying over 155,000,000 passengers, this was the first accident-related death in the airline's history. In comparison, people have about a 1 in 13 thousand chance of death in an automobile accident.

With Southwest Airlines captains in my immediate family, and naval aviators too, the one emergency that they practice more than any other is the loss of an engine, several of them have had actual engine shutdowns (for various reasons) and have landed the planes without incident.

One of the reasons that the captain was so calm was that she, and every pilot and co-pilot could literally an engine failure landing in their sleep. All the pilots have checklists in the cockpit and when things go south, they go to work, step by step, without much time to get emotional or overthink the situation.

All that said, the pilots and crew did an outstanding job of preventing a catastrophic event for the entire plane.

It's like the family pilots say, they are overpaid ninety-nine percent of the time and underpaid one percent of the time.

Good thoughts to the family. She was a hot air balloon enthusiast and several people took to their balloons over Albuquerque tonight out of respect.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 06:04 AM

One in the eye for all those fellas who keep telling us women can't drive

A case of being in the wrong seat for sure..poor lady who died .

Makes mental note never book a seat near the engines.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top