Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Not enough sleep

How many hours sleep do you need to feel ready for the next day?
I normally like around 8, but could sometimes easily sleep on even then.

Last night I had the most dreadful night I can remember for a very long time.
I had given my dogs some raw beef rib bones yesterday and for some reason it upset their tummies - big time. I don't know why, they have them quite often and have always been fine before.

I had to get up 9 times last night, to let one or other of them outside. I feel dead on my feet today, but the dogs are fine and raring to go! I confess I went back to bed for a while today, and finally slept peacefully.

Perhaps I shouldn't complain, at least they came and woke me first.

Off to do the Birdwatch survey now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Re: Not enough sleep

I don't sleep that well most nights, I am fortunate if I get about 4 hrs, occasionally a bit more. I get up by 6.30 am and go to bed by 8.30pm.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:38 PM

Not much these days could do with more, neighbours are either yelling and effing and jeffing at each other, they aren't married so why live like that ? In pain increasingly so wake up everytime I move, and listening out for grace as she's been having bad dreams about her mum for a couple of months.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Mups I have spent most of my adult life having to get up or working during the night, in many instances is was part of my job or part of caring for people /animals.

6 hours of broken sleep is my usual quota feeling like death with a fuzzy brain is normal for me . I feel like a different person after a whole nights sleep
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:52 PM

The menopause well & truly upset my body clock. In my younger days I slept for 9 or 10 hours solid.

Once I was 50 yrs old it changed. Now I'm lucky to get between 4 and 6 hours sleep a night.

I manage on it for so long and then I get desperate for a good night's sleep so I have a Nytol tablet. it works well on me & I get 8 solid hours. I do tend to feel a bit hung over the next morning but I soon come round.

It's amazing how lively I feel after my Nytol aided sleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have spent most of my adult life having to get up or working during the night, in many instances is was part of my job or part of caring for people /animals.

6 hours of broken sleep is my usual quota

Ah, but I don't find it so easy now I am getting older Meg.
A couple of times wouldn't be so bad, but about every half hour, wasn't easy. I've always needed a lot of sleep.
I'm glad they are well today though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:22 PM

I used to survive happily on 4 hours per night but I need at least six now. I have to stuff tissue in my ears because the slightest noise wakes me up, even a clock ticking will stop me sleeping. Of course, I can always make up for it during the day, which means I could drop off any.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2017, 03:27 PM

Dongle, come back here . . wake up . . prod, poke in ribs .

I just had this picture og you in my head, snoring away with tissues poking out your ears . I wouldn't sleep for laughing if I turned over and saw you next to me like that.

Have you tried the little foam ear plugs you can get at any chemist?
I'm usually the opposite, and sometimes have slept through storms even.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dongle, come back here . . wake up . . prod, poke in ribs .

I just had this picture og you in my head, snoring away with tissues poking out your ears . I wouldn't sleep for laughing if I turned over and saw you next to me like that.

Have you tried the little foam ear plugs you can get at any chemist?
I'm usually the opposite, and sometimes have slept through storms even.
....Er what? (Snort).....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Have tried the little foam things but they still let too much noise through for my liking. I haven't thought about the image of me with tissues sticking out my ears. I wondered why the postman was so amused the this morning.

I suppose I could try small carrots.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top