Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Re: Ever used a dating forum, or gone on a blind date??

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Th

Blind date - yes. We've been married almost 41 years.
How lovely !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 12:47 PM

Did anyone respond to a card, left in a Phone Box?.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 01:03 PM

only for a taxi!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 01:58 PM

No and no!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Yes and yes, and both were disasters. Actually it was not actually a forum but a dating organisation for people in the Midlands, I was a single parent and mum decided it was about time I met someone. Disaster. I phoned a few and arranged to meet one guy who sounded decent enough. Needless to say his photo was several years and a few stone out of date. He had booked us into a hotel restaurant for a meal and obviously expected us to stay there afterwards!! When I insisted that I had to get home he reluctantly agreed, then persuaded me to invite him in for a coffee. I had barely shut the front door when he grabbed me for a 'good-night kiss' OMG it was like being attacked by a cross between a steam cleaner and a hoover!! Talk about slobbery. I immediately reopened the door and shoved him out with him protesting that I 'owed' him for the meal!!!
Never again. Have remained single ever since, much preferable to the alternative.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 03:14 PM

Oh gawd, men!! You see photos on facebook of people you know and they look really old photos, nothing like the way they are today.
What an encounter, though, not surprised it put you off.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 05:27 PM

there are lessons to be learned from going on blind dates, you don't know them obviously so don't give out personal information to a stranger.
If I liked the person I'd let them call me on my mobile but I'd never give them my address nor landline number, trust has to be earned so I'd take baby steps initially and see how things progressed, not that I've needed to put any of that into practice as one date was enough to put me off ever trying again!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
there are lessons to be learned from going on blind dates, you don't know them obviously so don't give out personal information to a stranger.
If I liked the person I'd let them call me on my mobile but I'd never give them my address nor landline number, trust has to be earned so I'd take baby steps initially and see how things progressed, not that I've needed to put any of that into practice as one date was enough to put me off ever trying again!
Such a sensible gal you are
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 06:45 PM

No I haven't done online dating but was on a few blind dates in my mid to late teens.

One guy I liked but didn't really get to know him but I was 16 at the time. We didn't live near each other either.

The other guy was a fiddle player in a band (friends of my brothers). He was a few years older than me but boring.

Lastly, was a fellow my sister in law knew. He was a bouncer at a club & partially deaf (any wonder?)
He was nice but when he picked me up he had another male friend with him then we went to pick up a couple more friends!!
They proceeded to stop & drink somewhere 1st at the side of the road, o-kaayy

Needless to say, I didn't go out with him again. I just felt overwhelmed.

Strange, all 3 setups were by the same sister in law! I could get boyfriends but just wasn't that interested. Guess she thought otherwise
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

25-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Such a sensible gal you are
I wasn't always but I got wiser as I got older

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top