Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 11:38 AM

Re: Not giving the wrong idea

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You're frosty enough
I will soon warm you up when I see you..... look how red hot these two are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I will soon warm you up when I see you..... look how red hot these two are.

'Ere, can we have a bit of decorum in here please - it's Sunday.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
'Ere, can we have a bit of decorum in here please - it's Sunday.
I think you ,misunderstood Mups. I just intended giving him a good roasting... by telling him off!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Devon is 'separated' all the poor chap asked for was advice on approaching a woman with a veiw to a platonic relationship nothing else....

Go for it Devon life is far to short for regrets when you get past 50 and at that age we are all adults and capable of looking after ourselves.

I have had some lovely male friends, I didn't ask if our friendship was 'platonic' there was no need as I was not interested in anything else and would soon have put them in their place if 'anything else' was suggested .

For 10 years I was a 'volunteer' with a charity and spent all night at least 2 nights a month with various men and became good friends with some. They were 'brothers' not lovers, so it is possible to have a platonic relationship with both sexes .
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Devon is 'separated' all the poor chap asked for was advice on approaching a woman with a veiw to a platonic relationship nothing else....

Go for it Devon life is far to short for regrets when you get past 50 and at that age we are all adults and capable of looking after ourselves.

I have had some lovely male friends, I didn't ask if our friendship was 'platonic' there was no need as I was not interested in anything else and would soon have put them in their place if 'anything else' was suggested .

For 10 years I was a 'volunteer' with a charity and spent all night at least 2 nights a month with various men and became good friends with some. They were 'brothers' not lovers, so it is possible to have a platonic relationship with both sexes .
A lot of folks seem to have missed the point, so a big thank-you to Meg for posting this.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 07:24 PM

Men like you make me feel sick! Only the naive will be taken in by you!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Men like you make me feel sick! Only the naive will be taken in by you!
Art that's a bit harsh , I guess you have your own reasons for saying that .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 08:50 PM

My best friend was an engineer and a runner [same as me] we met quite unexpectedly in the middle of nowhere and in the pitch dark back in 1983 while competing in a 56 mile event. Although we lived not three miles away from each other and had lived practically parallel lives we had never met before.

We were inseparable, in the twenty years that followed we ran many events together, and as a foursome we toured England. It all changed when we were both made redundant at the same time from different companies. I bought a van and became a self employed courier, he went to college and volunteered to work for Citizens Advice where he would spend all night in the company of a female advisor manning the phones.

Spending so much time together they soon became good friends and I was so surprised and disappointed the night he came to our house looking for a sofa to kip on after his wife threw him out.
Mrs Fox and myself are still good friends with both parties, but the good times ended, what a shame, I thought the four of us would grow old together and continue to enjoy extraordinary and exciting adventures. My friend lost more than his wife that night.....

Which just goes to prove that some things started innocently can soon escalate out of hand.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 08:51 PM

Art that's a bit harsh , I guess you have your own reasons for saying that .....
I can see where Arty is coming from Meg, Thin end of the wedge. .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

18-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Which just goes to prove that some things started innocently can soon escalate out of hand.
Quite so Bob however, 'it takes two' as they say and if one party isn't the slightest bit interested nothing is going to get out of hand.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top